Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. has anyone had this or heard of this

has anyone had this or heard of this Lock Rss

I'm 2 days overdue with my 4th baby. I've been getting what I think are Braxton Hicks (never had them in the previous pregnancies) for about 6 weeks. They used to come every day, and weren't very painful. Over the past week and half, they are coming every few days, but are getting more painful each time. Last night I actually thought I was having contractions. All day I was sore, and last night they were very very painful and coming every 15 mins. But I lied down at about 12:30 and fell asleep, woke up this morning and nothing.

Anyway, I saw the midwife on Wednesday, told her it really hurts when baby moves around (another thing that I did not experience with the others) and as soon as she touched my belly,it's as if the baby jumped. She also said she wonders if the muscle in my stomach is torn because she can feel the baby really easily. I've also been able to feel the baby much easily than the others - it's as if there is my skin and nothing else (if that makes sense) - but she never said anything else about it.

So I'm wondering if it is dangerous. Also a frind said that maybe it is stopping the labour progressing or something like that and it is probably what is causing me pain.

Has anyone heard of this, or had it happen? Any help would be great. Thanks.

If the pains come back, I'm going to go to the hospital, they have become really bad, and probably try my best to refuse to leave until they help baby come along.

I'm 2 days overdue with my 4th baby. I've been getting what I think are Braxton Hicks (never had them in the previous pregnancies) for about 6 weeks. They used to come every day, and weren't very painful. Over the past week and half, they are coming every few days, but are getting more painful each time. Last night I actually thought I was having contractions. All day I was sore, and last night they were very very painful and coming every 15 mins. But I lied down at about 12:30 and fell asleep, woke up this morning and nothing.

Anyway, I saw the midwife on Wednesday, told her it really hurts when baby moves around (another thing that I did not experience with the others) and as soon as she touched my belly,it's as if the baby jumped. She also said she wonders if the muscle in my stomach is torn because she can feel the baby really easily. I've also been able to feel the baby much easily than the others - it's as if there is my skin and nothing else (if that makes sense) - but she never said anything else about it.

So I'm wondering if it is dangerous. Also a frind said that maybe it is stopping the labour progressing or something like that and it is probably what is causing me pain.

Has anyone heard of this, or had it happen? Any help would be great. Thanks.

If the pains come back, I'm going to go to the hospital, they have become really bad, and probably try my best to refuse to leave until they help baby come along.

Have a read here

http://www.pregnancy-info.net/separated_muscles.html

This could be the reason you can feel your bub so much more, and why you are having pain, though that could just be prelabour too. I didn't have any prelabour with my first 2, but I did have it with my DD, once having BH so strongly that I thought that it was actually labour. Have you dilated at all? All those BH do their job by helping move things along so hopefully you are dilating right now and that means less to do when it's actually time. I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable, I hope bub makes it's arrival soon, and ask your MW about the exercises in the article if it is in fact separated muscles. Good luck smile
hey, my stomache muscles came apart during my pregnancy but we didnt know this until after id delivered so i dont know if this is what your midwife is talking about...if it is it didnt cause any problems for me and now means that once a week i go to physio to help bring them back together. Goodluck with your labour!!
thanks heaps for the help. I read the article. It seems like it isn't the cause of the pain. Maybe it is BH or something.

Just last night I was thinking how I feel like I've been in labour for the past 4-5 weeks, on and off, and now I'm right at that part where the pains are getting a bit too much. Does that make sense?

I know some people can start labour, but then it stops, and starts, and I'm wondering if that might be happening to me.

I've had a few pains this morning, nothing too bad, but if they do get bad I will call the hospital and explain.

Thanks again

thanks heaps for the help. I read the article. It seems like it isn't the cause of the pain. Maybe it is BH or something.

Just last night I was thinking how I feel like I've been in labour for the past 4-5 weeks, on and off, and now I'm right at that part where the pains are getting a bit too much. Does that make sense?

I know some people can start labour, but then it stops, and starts, and I'm wondering if that might be happening to me.

I've had a few pains this morning, nothing too bad, but if they do get bad I will call the hospital and explain.

Thanks again

Maybe next time you feel the pains go for a slow walk around the block to see if you can keep them coming, or have a bounce on a fitball....good luck, it sounds like it won't be much longer for you smile
Hi! Earlier this year I had my fourth baby, and for at least half the pregnancy I felt bad braxton hicks contractions. At around 8 weeks before I was due I thought I was going into labour they were that bad, but apparently the more pregnancies you have, the stronger they feel - my midwife told me that. My baby was really low and felt like she was going to fall out, but of course she didn't! A week before she was due I developed preeclampsia and had to be induced - I found out my stomach muscles had come apart - 3-4 fingers they said. I had previously had a two finger tear, and I couldn't feel that, but this one was pretty bad! I found it really painful feeding her after birth, and even now, 9 months later, those muscles aren't quite right. During pregnancy it would hurt a bit when she kicked me - her bum was poking out beside my belly button but up a bit in the last few weeks of pregnancy, and it felt sore, like something was damaged, but there was nothing to be done about it. Can you go to the hospital to get checked out, just in case? It may be that, by this stage, you actually are in early labour, or at least dilated - them checking can help things move along a bit in any case! Hope the birth goes well - good luck!
Kerrie

kerrie, VIC, DD 12/8/03, DD 12/10/05, DD 14/9/07, DD 4/1/10

Thanks heaps for that Kerrie. Everything you just said is what I'm feeling. I haved an appointment at the hospital on Monday. If I get any more pains before then, I will definately be making a trip.

Sign in to follow this topic