Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Depo ralovera Rss

Hi.

Just wondering if anyone has any positive experiences to share about becoming pregnant after stopping the Depo injections.

I have just stopped taking it, trying to conceive but all I seem to hear is negative stories and bad things.

Thanks, Jen
One of my good friends was told minimum 6mths before all the depo would be out of her system so she could fall pregnant....4weeks later she was pregnant lol
Almost the same thing with my cousin but for her it was 6wks later

Cheers Ness

My understanding is they cant predict a time frame as everyone is different. I had my last shot of depo in the December and was pregnant in the August after trying for 3 months.

I also took St Johns Wort as this is meant to interfere with contraception and Vitex as it helps get your hormones back in order. Dont know whether they helped me conceive but they didnt hurt. smile
I had my last shot in Nov 09, had a withdrawal bleed for 21 days in Feb, then no cycle at all for about 21wks (i think it was) since then, cycle 1 was 23 days, cycle 2 was 16 days, cycle 3 was 13 days. Currently in cycle 4 and up to 19 days. I started taking vitex 2wks ago as suggested by another mum here, not sure if that is why this cycle is longer??

I will be testing on Wed if no af by then as I ov roughly 9th of this mth, will let you know

Hi.

Just wondering if anyone has any positive experiences to share about becoming pregnant after stopping the Depo injections.

I have just stopped taking it, trying to conceive but all I seem to hear is negative stories and bad things.

Thanks, Jen

hi Jen ,
hopefully this will get to you . I was on depo provera for 10 years . It can take a while but I'm proof it happens . I have 2 kids aged 19 and 17 and now have 2 kids aged 17 months and 4 months . I was off depo for 2 1/2 years before my system returned to normal as such . But I had been on it along time . Be patient , I didn't think it would be possible as I am now 40 .
Hope this helps .
Janelle janellejack@hotmail.com
i have always had depo injections
i had triplets 17 months ago plus i have a ten yr old
good luck smile
hi, i was on depo for over 10yeas came off it August last year and now im 22weeks preganant with twins......
I was on the depo for 5 yrs, it took me 1 month to start cycling again then 1 1/2 yrs to conceive our beautiful little girl. My doctor said it took us so long cause I was so active not because of the depo. So my advice would be relax -good things take time and pratice makes perfect! thats what got me through.
hey my doc said u can start trying strate away and that it is very normal for some woman 2 take up 2 2 yrs 2 fall pregnant. i have also heard that the younger u were when u started using depo the better your body comes off it?... i was 19 when i came off and concieved my son 5 months later. i have come off again this march was when my last depo was due and my periods are taking a bit longer to come back regular, they are coming every 2 weeks still...so its been 6months this time and counting. i just relax tho and now itl happen eventually and nothing can happen when my periods arent normal! im enjoying a bit of xtra freedom while knowing it can happen anytime makes me not worry about it much!
I was on the depo needle for six years after baby #1, it took six months after stopping to get my period back and I was pregnant a few months later with #2. I found out I was preggers with #3 when #2 was only 4.5 months old. All 3 girls, decided 3 was enough and went back on depo for another 4 years before we decided we would try for another. It took 9 months this time to get my perios back and again a few months to fall preggers. I had my tubes tied after #4 as we finally had our boy and our family was now definately complete. I went back on the depo again just to stop my period, which was ok for the first needle - no period but since my second needle I have had 2 periods in 2 weeks and this last one has so far lasted 21 days sad
Hi SunshineOnARainyDay
Did the vitex help any symptoms after the depo shot?
Im struggling alot with depo as it feels like hormones are out of whack as my body feels the change, digestion has slowed down & constant blood spotting which is annoying.
Sign in to follow this topic