Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

clothes help needed Rss

We have been advised to start making arrangements for my DP's grandmothers funeral as the dr's think she will pass in the very very near future, so I am trying to organise clothes now to take some stress away later.

My son is 7yrs and will be wearing a suit like his dad, but I am stuck with what my two girls can wear.

They are 10yrs and 4yrs.

Any suggestion please?
I would think a nice skirt or dress would be suitable.
I think a dress would be nice and appropriate for the occassion
I am sorry to hear about your dp grandma. xxx

I would dress the girls in a dress or skirt and top. I have been to 2 funerals this month and the younger children have all worn lovely bright coloured clothes which i thought was lovely.

I did see at target last week a lovely dress which was while with black (spots maybe) and a red sash which i thought was beautiful.

i''''m baking a baby

We have been advised to start making arrangements for my DP's grandmothers funeral as the dr's think she will pass in the very very near future, so I am trying to organise clothes now to take some stress away later.

My son is 7yrs and will be wearing a suit like his dad, but I am stuck with what my two girls can wear.

They are 10yrs and 4yrs.

Any suggestion please?

Im very sorry to hear that you are having to organise clothes for a funeral it sucks, we did it a few weeks ago for my FIL all the grand kids went as he was very very loved.

DS who is 3 wore pinstripe pants the same style as DFs suit, DD who is 17 months old wore the style of clothes that FIL preferred her to wear we put hher in black tights and a purple tartan skirt and matching black and purple jacket with FILs fave hair clips he loved her hair being done and used to pick her clips or clothes each day when he was living with us before he passed.

My two step children wore dark but appropriate clothes as FIL was very traditional and we wanted to honor him.

Best and Less hace some great dressy boys clothes on clearance down to $5 and $10

Good Luck, I hope she passes peacefully surrounded by those who love her

my dd is only 2 but has already been to 3 funerals, to one she wore a black dress with white daisys on it, to another i was able to get her some black pants and a black longsleve top from target for about $4 each and to the most recent one she wore a dusky purple dress with tights and black patent shoes.

a skirt and top or pants and top or a dress

Thanks heaps everyone.

I was thinking bright dresses as she loves bright pinks and yellows, but then thought should it be something me respectful like blacks.

I'll take a look at Target and Best and Less.

Thanks heaps
Hi there,
Sorry to hear your news. We took our 18 month old to a funeral and at the time I was very concerned about what to dress her in.
When I got to the funeral, there were lots of people in bright colours-it seems to be the trend now, that a funeral although for mourning is also a celebration of someone's life. Kids are not to meant to be dressed in dark colours and I would take a guess that the grandparent that is ill would love to see your kids looking bright and happy!
I hope that their grandmother leaves this life withy dignity and pain free.

Tanina
Sign in to follow this topic