Huggies Forum

husband won’t eat food Rss

My best friend has just told me that her husband won't eat her home cooked meals, but will eat take-out or food that comes prepared in packets! I think this is ridiculous. She doesn't seem too bothered by it, so I don't want to say anything negative about it to her. Her kids eat her food, and I've not noticed anything wrong with it. I just think he should make the effort. I would be pretty dissapointed if my husband didn't eat my food, and I wouldn't call myself an expert at cooking. What do you all think?
I bet he's healthy.

My best friend has just told me that her husband won't eat her home cooked meals, but will eat take-out or food that comes prepared in packets! I think this is ridiculous. She doesn't seem too bothered by it, so I don't want to say anything negative about it to her. Her kids eat her food, and I've not noticed anything wrong with it. I just think he should make the effort. I would be pretty dissapointed if my husband didn't eat my food, and I wouldn't call myself an expert at cooking. What do you all think?

what a sook. if my husband di d this then i'd put him IN the oven. what a princess, he probably eats his mothers food....

I'd be annoyed let alone the money it would cost to eat take away or whatever he is eating..
DP does this but im not that bothered DD barely eats my food anyway. Im not the best cook so stick to the things i know which is not alot. It suits us i cook for DD and I and he cooks for himself. Certain meals he cooks for all of us or i cook for all of us. DP does get pizza once a fortnight but it's for all of us.
OMG thats the stupidest thing ever. he must be very ungreatful. If my DF did that I would be so annoyed. I am a crap cook but I still managed to give him a half decent meal.
How old is he, 4?
I guess I just thought that a family would mostly eat the same food, unless someone really didn't like something. I do make a few extra things for the kids in case they don't like the main meal, but not always. I agree that take-out can't be very healthy.
Bloody hell - my DH is TOTAL OPPOSITE, I have to BEG him to get takeaway for us or go to a restaurant almost, I'm lucky he has a few favourites but its a rare treat that I get a night off for takeaway - when I suggest it he decides he is a masterchef LOL well, at least he tries hard to create gourmet leftovers with a little bit of last nights and a little bit of the night before with a few vegies to boot!!!!!

Well, at least I know he appreciates me if only for my cooking!

[img]

well i am a terrible cook and my dh still eats my food. i find it a little disrespectful. why doesnt he cook then...
my dp is TERRIBLE when it comes to food! the range of things he will eat isnt even enough for a fortnightly meal plan seriously its like 8 meals. he is sooooo fussy he eats meat and potatoes, no other vegies, no meat with bones in it. and spaghetti. or fried rice. he wont eat anything else wont even taste something new. im lucy now that he wors on week of nights away i cook spaghetti every second sunday and he eats that all week. and we have nice food like stir fry with heapos of veggies adn noodles, or butter chicken and rice and veggies.
he also buys a LOT of take away and its always 2 meals (eg he got oportos today and got 2 big norm burger meals with no lettuce and no sauce, so like 2xbugers with 3 bits of chicken and some cheese on a bun, 2x large chips and 2x large cokes. or maccas he will get a large double 1/4pounder meal and a 10 pack of nuggets)

he is definately the most unhealthy person i know!

My hubby is a fussy eater. He likes to be in control of the cooking wherever we go (if you have a BBQ he offers to cook it just to be able to control the food and how his steak is cooked etc). There are a few meals I make he is more than happy to eat but tbh he isn't fussed on my cooking skills,lol. Baking....different story, he loves it!!!! Our compromise....DH cooks most nights! Works for him, works for me!
Sign in to follow this topic