Huggies Forum

summer or winter babies?? Lock Rss

just a curiousity thing, as DF and i would like to have another bub but i would like to concieve January or Feb so bub would be born october or november, reason for this being:
Livvy was born in April in brissy and it was cold sad when my boobies were leeking i was sooooo uncomfortable cause they were cold, and getting up to a new born when it is cold is not fun, and i've always thought summer would be easier???
now we live in country NSW it is WAY colder in winter and i think i would die with a wet chest and a hungry bub.

what are everyone else's thoughts and experiences?

just a curiousity thing, as DF and i would like to have another bub but i would like to concieve January or Feb so bub would be born october or november, reason for this being:
Livvy was born in April in brissy and it was cold sad when my boobies were leeking i was sooooo uncomfortable cause they were cold, and getting up to a new born when it is cold is not fun, and i've always thought summer would be easier???
now we live in country NSW it is WAY colder in winter and i think i would die with a wet chest and a hungry bub.

what are everyone else's thoughts and experiences?

I have an october baby and a january baby and will soon have a may/june baby.

I think the October baby was the easiest. The day we took ds home from hossy it was 38 degrees. but after that we had really mild weather. It was lovely as he loved to be cuddles.

DD the Jan baby it was hot we sweated through feeds she hated being wrapped. I wouldn't put myself through pregnancy in the middle of summer again.

I am worried about having a winter bub. I have no idea what to dress it in etc so it'll be a learning curve.

i''''m baking a baby

ds was born in april so i got to have lots of cuddles and he loved being wrapped and wearign little hats/beanies etc

dd was born in August and she hated being wrapped or being cuddled and having hats or anything on.

our next baby we are aiming to have between april and august i just love my winter babies. it also means that its startng to cool down by the time you're really pregnant, and also their birthdays arent too close to christmas.

I had a winter baby (July) and absolutly loved it. I didn't find the nights that difficult, but we have heating on every night in winter, and I think it's easier to keep a newborn warm than to try and cool one down. I was also very hot myself during pregnancy and can't imagine how horrible that would feel to be 9 months pregnant in the middle of summer.

Now saying that I'm hoping to be pregnant asap so if I fall this cycle I'll be due in Jan gasp

I've had a Sept and a Feb baby and both were much of a muchness. I do find it harder I believe to keep the baby cooler in summer than what it is warmer in winter. On really hot days you can only strip them off and hope you have good air con but in winter there is no limit to how you rug them up. If we ever have a #3 I would like it born around April-July so going into winter. Feeding would be harder as like you have said cold boobs and night feeds...but we have ducted heating now and can keep our house at a constant temp so thats alright.
And I love having little bubs all rugged up in their hats and booties tongue
Both my boys run hot, so to have them as newborns in summer would have been a nightmare! It is cold getting up at night but a heater in bubs room fixed that, I just feed him in there
Bub is a summer baby and we lived in air-con his first summer (live in North QLD). Was told by a friend that November babies are easy and so far that true with bub. We hopping that we have a winter baby next year (ttc in July/august).

I am originally from Townsville so in that instance there is no way i would want a summer bub...ewwwww but winter is good there!!!

I just keep moving further south which sucks.....sooooooo not a winter lover sad

DS was born the day before winter so it was cold, but it doesn't get too cold in perth, plus because of the hormones i was always warm myself, so i only had to make sure that he was nice and warm.

this time bub will be born end of july so same thing.

i think i prefer winter because i don't deal with heat very well, i hate being sweaty and get so uncomfortable doing feeds when its hot.

I live in the tropics so it's really much of a muchness. It's either hot and wet or hot and muggy up here lol.

That said, having DD1 end April the pregnancy was harder on me than the pregnancy where DD2 was born start July. And this pregnancy (due September) has been the best one yet. So who knows? Maybe it is weather related??!!!
I have Nov, Dec and May babies. I def think winter babies are so much easier! I'm in Qld so for my first 2 babies they lived in a nappy and singlet for the first few months and hated being wrapped and cuddled too much, it's not much fun with a wet top while sweating like a pig either lol

My May baby was awesome, so many snuggly clothes and cuddles in bed, she loved being wrapped and not once did she get heat rash... bliss! I would go a winter baby for sure!

Spring!
Miss is an October baby. Pregnant through winter which is good for warmth!lol Was pretty mild for the first couple of months and then singlets and nappy pants through summer and now she's 6 months and I'm starting to rug her up in cute jeans and jackets smile
Sign in to follow this topic