Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. what the hell is going on in Australia?????

what the hell is going on in Australia????? Rss

Bungie

I am actually from indigenous decent and my son is Torres Strait Islander!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My point was that is seems as though they only have to be here for a short time to be eligible for benefits. Your right, i dont know that man's situation but i believe that if they are given citizenship they should be able to contribute to this country and he could not speak a word of English so i can see that happening too soon!!
Posted by: Bungie
Posted by: *Frankie*
wow .....ok ....I personally believe that we need to look after our own

I've lived in this country for 14 years, my daughter was born here and you think we are less important than everyone who is born here?! That's offensive!
[Edited on 23/02/2010]

well then this does not apply to you then does it ...if you are an Aussie ....

I'm tired and may not be getting the point here, but if what I think is right (and I think the OP was trying to say WHY do the Govt let people in if they are just going to go on pensions?), then I have to wholeheartedly agree. WHY should we let people in and then pay them for it? Shouldnt they be giving something back to the country, not just adding to it's debt? This is NOT the fault of the immigrant, I am not blaming them for their financial hardship, I am blaming the Govt for letting these people come into this country and bludge money off them.
Let's face it, our hospitals are in dire straights, our health system is over-worked and under-paid, our roads are shocking and our Education system needs a whole re-working. So why should we be pseing money that coud go to making OUR lives better, to someone who has come here JUST to bludge off our govt?

Posted by: *Just~Perfectx2*
Posted by: *Just~Perfectx2*
Don't forget, unless you are indiginous to this country you too are decendents of immigrants.

And yet most of the indiginous population is living in poverity and are non educated!! Im all for helping them because they are true Australians! yet we spend more money helping boat people and chirst knows who else!!!
Yeah your right they do ...but they dont have to ...they have more money available then you or I do !! ..but they choose to live this way !!

in the case of Indiginous people I actually think that if they had more indiginous teachers then it would help them ..they dont want to intergrate with the wider population and why would they ..it wasnt that long ago that they were not aloud to sit in a public bar with white people ..so I guess they are bitter ...but as far as money gos ...they have it available ..they just have to comply to get it ..and there is a whole now thread right there !! lol lol lol

Yes but your talking about the Adults. We cant halp them half them have no brain cells left after all the drinking and drug use. Im talking about the poor little black kids who had no choice in being born into poverity and have no education. They dont get money!

Just ****s me to tears that people want to adopt outside of this counrty when we have poor little dark kids screaming for a decent home!!!

Im the first to kick and scream the elders get so much money and just piss it up!!! but the kids!!! just horrible!!!
that is why I recon we need to get some sort of aborigional scools up and running ...with aborigional teachers ...somthing is going to give or their beautiful culture is going to be forgotten and marred by drugs and alcohol !!

I've lived in this country for 14 years, my daughter was born here and you think we are less important than everyone who is born here?! That's offensive!
[Edited on 23/02/2010]

Obviously. But that's not what you implied. I was using myself as an example and you said "we need to look after our own", implying, the ones born here.
*Just~Perfectx2*
I AM A STRONG ABORIGINAL WOMAN and i DO NOT DRINK or TAKE DRUGS...my little boy is half Torres Strait Islander so he is one of those little "black kids" that you are referring to and he is very very well looked after by me, my family and his father's family!! Every cent i get or earn goes to rent, bills, childcare, groceries, clothing for him!! I cannot remember the last time i had a drink and i have never gone overboard with alcohol either has anyone in my immediate family!!!
Posted by: My*LiL*X
Bungie

I am actually from indigenous decent and my son is Torres Strait Islander!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
My point was that is seems as though they only have to be here for a short time to be eligible for benefits. Your right, i dont know that man's situation but i believe that if they are given citizenship they should be able to contribute to this country and he could not speak a word of English so i can see that happening too soon!!

My first post wasn't directed at you (except the very last paragraph). As I said, it was regarding the ones who commented on people who are not born here.

[Edited on 23/02/2010]

Obviously. But that's not what you implied. I was using myself as an example and you said "we need to look after our own", implying, the ones born here.
I think you are jumping to conclusions ....

I am saying that we need to look after our own and give them the same benifits as someone who has immigrated here ...cause as it stands it is not fair ..I still think that what we get is fantastic and we are very lucky ...but there does need to be a system where it is the same rule for everyone ....

stop trying to pick a fight with me ...cause I am just about to loose my cool with you !!!!

Posted by: My*LiL*X
*Just~Perfectx2*
I AM A STRONG ABORIGINAL WOMAN and i DO NOT DRINK or TAKE DRUGS...my little boy is half Torres Strait Islander so he is one of those little "black kids" that you are referring to and he is very very well looked after by me, my family and his father's family!! Every cent i get or earn goes to rent, bills, childcare, groceries, clothing for him!! I cannot remember the last time i had a drink and i have never gone overboard with alcohol either has anyone in my immediate family!!!

Hey calm down im talking about the Aboriginals out in the lands!! Im not saying all of them LOL... gee's i lived in a town where the over populated the white people!!! ( can i call myself white?? ) because when i say little black kids i mean no offence what so ever! I despretly want to foster children but my partner will ONLY allow me to foster dark children as he is in teh same belife as myself that alot of these children from the lands and even in local towns parants are not good at all!!!

Im not implying you what so ever!! Gee's im on your side! LOL... but i am interested to know becuase your Aboriginal do you get a higher payment? Just to clear it up for everyone.... You dont have to answer.
MumToThreeSweeties

THAT is exactly what i am trying to say!!!!!! I have nothing against immigrants at all and i do feel sorry for all these countries that cannot provide for their ppl but i reckon this country could possibly end up like this if this continues and i DO NOT WANT this for my son, my future grandbabies and so on!!
quote]I think you are jumping to conclusions ....

I am saying that we need to look after our own and give them the same benifits as someone who has immigrated here ...cause as it stands it is not fair ..I still think that what we get is fantastic and we are very lucky ...but there does need to be a system where it is the same rule for everyone ....

stop trying to pick a fight with me ...cause I am just about to loose my cool with you !!!!

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you. I'm trying to get you to understand how offensive your comment was to someone who was born overseas. The rules are the same for everyone, before I became a citizen I had to folow the same rules as anyone else when I got help while studying. They are always going to bend the rules in extreem situations whether you have just immigrated or you were born here.
*Just~Perfectx2*
No Aboriginal ppl DO NOT get extra money, just to clear that up!! we get exactly the same as everyone else does!! They do have their own health care but it's run by the government so it's just like going to a public doctor that bulk bills and we DO NOT get first preference on any waitlist or anything like that.....
I do emergency foster care work for Aboriginal children and it's so rewarding, i feel as though i'm giving back to the community plus i do volunteer work at a local school with a large population of Indigenous children.
You should look into foster care, you can do emergency work which is sometimes just overnight or a few days!!
Sign in to follow this topic