Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. what the hell is going on in Australia?????

what the hell is going on in Australia????? Rss

*Frankie*.....I did say in a follow up post that i am doing ok and i dont need housing desperately, I was actually thinking of other ppl i know that are really really desperate!!
The last couple of years have been really tough and i'm just getting myself back on my feet!!
The lady that i'm talking about that got the housing i know is not in a desperate state, i have known her for a few months and our children are little friends. She wears nothing but designer clothing and jewelry and a few weeks ago she bought got a brand new jeep (i believe there's some illegal activity going on)!!
I am extremely proud of myself and feel good that i'm doing it with minimal assistance from the government but i do struggle to pay my bills and i do go without essentials quite often!! I actually have to have some surgery but i'm on yet another wait list, it's not urgent/ life threatening but i am in alot of pain but i still have to get up in the morning and go off to work etc
just a question for the OP, purely out of curiosity, if your are working,and receiving SSP, rent assist, and CCB etc why do you need government housing?? is rent particularly high in your area etc?. Sorry it is just something i don't understand, SSP is VERY generous, plus outside income surely that is enough to pay for necessities and rent.

so now I am confussed ....

are you angry at this lady for ripping off the system and doing something shoddy or are you mad at the way Australia is heading ??

I would love to know the stats of the good and genuine v the bludgers ..I am curious to know !!

I find sone if the above comments really insulting, that people born here should be priority. I only just became a citizen on Australia day after living here for 14 years. What some of you seem to be saying is if I was on the street with my DD someone else who may be struggling (but with a roof over their head) AND born in this country should get a house before me?! This is racist. It doesn't matter where you are from, we are all Aussies and we are all equal.

I am not on the list for housing, nor do I get any gov benefits, except a tiny bit of FTB. But I could imagine how many thousands of people are, and people who are in desperate need should be put ahead.

Don't forget, unless you are indiginous to this country you too are decendents of immigrants.

ETA: Just in regards to the man who was claiming a benefit straight after becoming a citizen. How do you know he wasn't honestly wanting to get a job? Maybe he was a refugee and had nothing. How do you know he wasn't claiming the benefit purely because he needed to support himself and possibly his family while he looked for work? He might only be on the benefit for a few months for all you know.
[Edited on 23/02/2010]
Posted by: Bungie
Don't forget, unless you are indiginous to this country you too are decendents of immigrants.

And yet most of the indiginous population is living in poverity and are non educated!! Im all for helping them because they are true Australians! yet we spend more money helping boat people and chirst knows who else!!!
I find sone if the above comments really insulting, that people born here should be priority. I only just became a citizen on Australia day after living here for 14 years. What some of you seem to be saying is if I was on the street with my DD someone else who may be struggling (but with a roof over their head) AND born in this country should get a house before me?! This is racist. It doesn't matter where you are from, we are all Aussies and we are all equal.

I am not on the list for housing, nor do I get any gov benefits, except a tiny bit of FTB. But I could imagine how many thousands of people are, and people who are in desperate need should be put ahead.

wow .....ok ....I personally believe that we need to look after our own ...it needs to be just as easy for an natural born Aussie to get benifits then it is for an immigrant ...I personally dont like the fact that they can step off a boat and get beinifits when we have to apply for this that and the other thing ..I think it should be one rule for everyone ...

why should someone get a house before aonther cause they have imagrated here ??? it should be a case of need regardless of color or place of birth !! ...cause I only decend from a long line of convicts and aboriginees !! so whats your point ???
[Edited on 23/02/2010]

moo*baa*lalala

I only work 3 days per week during school terms 9am to 3pm the other 2 days i do volunteer work....I dont get the full single parent pension as i am earning an income. Yes my rent is very expensive, i live in a one bedroom apartment in sydney (inner west), $300 per week and that's pretty much the cheapest rent around here! i have considered moving but this is where my family and friends live and i need the support of them close by, plus my work is local, my sons childcare is local and the TAFE that i attend is local!
As i have been saying, i dont desperately need housing but i still do qualify!! I am on the list but i know that i will never get an offer because i know others that have been on the list for over 10 years!
Posted by: *Frankie*
it should be a case of need regardless of color or place of birth !! ...cause I only decend from a long line of convicts and aboriginees !! so whats your point ???
[Edited on 23/02/2010]

That's EXACTLY what I said. Why shouldn't I be put ahead of someone born in Australia if my situation was worse? I should be and this should be the same for ALL Aussies regardless of where they were born.
Posted by: *Just~Perfectx2*

And yet most of the indiginous population is living in poverity and are non educated!! Im all for helping them because they are true Australians! yet we spend more money helping boat people and chirst knows who else!!!
Yeah your right they do ...but they dont have to ...they have more money available then you or I do !! ..but they choose to live this way !!

in the case of Indiginous people I actually think that if they had more indiginous teachers then it would help them ..they dont want to intergrate with the wider population and why would they ..it wasnt that long ago that they were not aloud to sit in a public bar with white people ..so I guess they are bitter ...but as far as money gos ...they have it available ..they just have to comply to get it ..and there is a whole now thread right there !! lol lol lol

wow .....ok ....I personally believe that we need to look after our own

I've lived in this country for 14 years, my daughter was born here and you think we are less important than everyone who is born here?! That's offensive!
[Edited on 23/02/2010]
Posted by: *Just~Perfectx2*

Yeah your right they do ...but they dont have to ...they have more money available then you or I do !! ..but they choose to live this way !!

in the case of Indiginous people I actually think that if they had more indiginous teachers then it would help them ..they dont want to intergrate with the wider population and why would they ..it wasnt that long ago that they were not aloud to sit in a public bar with white people ..so I guess they are bitter ...but as far as money gos ...they have it available ..they just have to comply to get it ..and there is a whole now thread right there !! lol lol lol

Yes but your talking about the Adults. We cant halp them half them have no brain cells left after all the drinking and drug use. Im talking about the poor little black kids who had no choice in being born into poverity and have no education. They dont get money!

Just shits me to tears that people want to adopt outside of this counrty when we have poor little dark kids screaming for a decent home!!!

Im the first to kick and scream the elders get so much money and just piss it up!!! but the kids!!! just horrible!!!
it should be a case of need regardless of color or place of birth !! ...cause I only decend from a long line of convicts and aboriginees !! so whats your point ???
[Edited on 23/02/2010]

That's EXACTLY what I said. Why shouldn't I be put ahead of someone born in Australia if my situation was worse? I should be and this should be the same for ALL Aussies regardless of where they were born.
But it is not like this though is it ...

You are never going to left begging in the street cause your an immagrant ..yet I know of people who have to share a house with two familys just to pay rent ...yet they are renting their house off a foreigner who cant speak English and ripping them off blindly ! ...fair system this one !!

Either way ...we are Lucky to have what we do and I do apreciate that I am not in that possition !!

Sign in to follow this topic