Huggies Forum

Ending Pregnancies Rss

Haha, as far as I know, she's ALREADY been banned she just doesn't care and keeps coming back.

(please not this is not having a go at anyone, it's just an observation. I am also not weighing into the whole why doesn't she just stay away blah blah blah etc because quite frankly I just don't care that much)

As far as the OP is concerned, I am not convinced that the reasons you have given would be good enough for me personally but having said that my DH doesn't work away at all, is home every evening and every weekend so I am lucky to have no concept of what your situation is like so no I don't know that I would terminate for the reasons you have given but then I have never been in your situation and unless I was or had been I really can't say what I would do. I think you need to do what is best for you and your family as a whole but if you were to go ahead then I am sure you will cope, it might not be easy but you would manage because you pretty much HAVE to manage.

geez this thread isn't going to be removed, is it? pffft.

I appreciate the totally honest and truthful comments here. What I don't appreciate is those posters who twist words and previous posts.

My husband is deploying to Iraq. That in itself is something to deal with. We planned the end of the year because his second deployment would be over by the time the baby would be born
, we would have moved and the children would have a larger age gap and easier to handle. It wasn't about wanting to terminate it was reasons to think about it. We have however decided to roll with the punches and accept what has happened, just need time to soak it in. I only found out yesterday and didn't sleep much last night. It seems daunting now but I will look back one day and think it wasn't all that bad.
Posted by: Mumto2Ts
Posted by: *Fruchoc*
Where has the OP disappeared to?

she has probably gone for good and who can blame her.

you are right. she probably will delete her account. but going from past history, she'll be back in a few days with soemthing new..........

pity u cant find their old post histories as quick as their current account histories. then we would all be in for a good read!

To the OP (because people have gone off track) i'm glad you've found an answer. You're in a tough situation but i'm sure that with some help and support you'll be just fine. If I was closer (i'm sure i'm not, i'm not close to anything lol) I would be there in a heart beat to help whenever I could.

You have a (usually) supportive network here, don't hesitate to use it.

Posted by: *Katrina*
To the OP (because people have gone off track) i'm glad you've found an answer. You're in a tough situation but i'm sure that with some help and support you'll be just fine. If I was closer (i'm sure i'm not, i'm not close to anything lol) I would be there in a heart beat to help whenever I could.

You have a (usually) supportive network here, don't hesitate to use it.

agreed *katrina*.

OP,

sounds like you have alot on your plate atm and i agree with you. looking after 2 children while your husband is deployed to IRAQ is an emotional roller coaster in it's self... add an unexpected pregnancy to the mix and your thrown into a emotional tornado!

i really hope you have some good support systems in place as dealing with 2 young children while moving house and ebing due AS WELL as not having your DH around for the most part will be incredibly challenging.

best of luck.

To the OP,

I have never found myself in your shoes but have supported a friend who has been there. I watched my friend struggle with the decision, and be judged harshly because she did decide to terminate her pregnancy. It was a very difficult time in her life and anyone who thinks deciding to terminate a pregnancy is easy has obviously never watched someone make the difficult choice to do so.

How anyone other than you and your husband feel is irrelevant. You are the one who ultimately has to live with whatever decision you make.

I agree with Ricki, contact FPA, they will help you, they will refer you to a counsellor (it is mandatory to my knowledge to have counselling before you can even book a termination). This counselling will help you talk through all your feelings and you can go from there.

All the best

Dee

Posted by: farmgirl80
I appreciate the totally honest and truthful comments here. What I don't appreciate is those posters who twist words and previous posts.

My husband is deploying to Iraq. That in itself is something to deal with. We planned the end of the year because his second deployment would be over by the time the baby would be born
, we would have moved and the children would have a larger age gap and easier to handle. It wasn't about wanting to terminate it was reasons to think about it. We have however decided to roll with the punches and accept what has happened, just need time to soak it in. I only found out yesterday and didn't sleep much last night. It seems daunting now but I will look back one day and think it wasn't all that bad.

BELIEVE me OP, I understand where you are coming from. It was hard enough on me when Jon was in Iraq the last time and I only had one child, and wasn't pregnant. I hadn't realised you were a Defence spouse. If you need someone to talk to, please PM me. I have some numbers you can call for support and counselling that Defence provides themselves, and if you need to talk to someone who understands your situation a little more than most, let me know.
XO

I couldn't do it. I am not pro choice. My belief is that a mother does not have the choice to terminate the life of a child, born or unborn...and yes, for me that includes rape, disability etc. To me there is never a reason for ending a child's life and I cannot differentiate between in and out of the womb as far as life goes.
I dont think anyone has the right to tell you what you should do. It is your body and this decision can only be made by you and your DH.

I hope you make the best decision for you and your family. Good luck with it all smile
I'm sorry you are going through this situation sad

I know there are many on here who have had 'surprise' pregnancies, but that child was the best thing that ended up happening to them (me included)

I would seriously advise going through all avenues of counselling before making such a big decision. At the end of the day it is your decision however and only you know what is right for you and your family.

As for some of the 'harsher' comments, the OP DID ask for 'opinions' and one thing with opinions is you have to take the good with the bad wink
glad you seem to have some to some sort of decision ..I am sure everything will fall into place ...it will be hard work but I am sure you can do it ...and 31 is not old I will have you know !! lol lol lol lol

Just a bit of trivia for you all ...the ones that say they would only have an abotion if the pregnancy was caused by rape ???...unless your rape is not reported ..it is part of having a rape kit that they give you the morning after pill (depending on how long ago the rape took place ..but they can only collect evidence from a rape kit after so many hours anyway !! )so this reason is really not factored into the equasion ...just thought I would throw this out there !!

and ...while I am here ...I also want to say that I can see if you are reading Cathys reply and you are not aware of who and how she is then I can see how this could read as confrounting ...she does not mince her words and can seem ubrupt ..but I dare you to go through something rough and not have her give you support ....she is as passionate when she is being supportive as she is when she is being opiniated ...just read her for a while and you will work out how supportive she can actually be !! ...bold as brass our Cathy !! lol lol lol lol

Sign in to follow this topic