Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Ending Pregnancies Rss

Posted by: farmgirl80
Has anyone ever ended a pregnancy for the right reasons?

I don't like that at all. It is such a personal thing, who is the authority on what is "the right reasons" and what are the wrong ones? I know you probably didn't mean it to come across as judgemental, but that really grates on me.

Personally, no I couldn't ever have a termination except in very extreme circumstances. Timing doesn't matter to me, I would cope the best I could with what I was given. Like others have said, you find a way to cope because you have to.

At the end of the day what is 'right' for one person might not be 'right' for someone else because we are all different. Personally, based on YOUR scenario, I wouldn't have a termination because it wouldn't be 'right' for me.

We didn't 'plan' our first baby, in fact he was 4 years too early based on our then 5 year plan. LOL It never entered my mind though to have a termination and though the last 6.5 years with him have had their challenges we wouldn't trade him for all the world and can't imagine our lives without him. Sometimes the best things in life aren't planned. I have DP physically here almost all the time, but I handle most of the daily family stuff and so most days feel like I am a single parent even though he is here and some days I don't know HOW I get through the day but I just do because I have to.

I agree with some of the PP that I think you really need to sit down with someone and get some counseling before making a final decision.

i'll be judgemental here, i don't care. I think to terminate a baby for the reasons you stated is incredibly selfish and morally wrong. This baby deserves the right to life as anyone. Stiff if it doesn't fit in with your plan. Perhaps you should have been more responsible. Remember if you terminate, its not contraception, its killing an unborn baby.

there you go everyone happy now?? sheesh!
[Edited on 20/02/2010]
Wow, there's no hiding how you feel about it is there? Do you really think being so mean is constructive though? She's obviously already feeling fragile, and doesn't need to be made to feel worse. It's not your life or your body! And she WAS using contraception, sometimes it doesn't work, that's not her fault either!
And before you come out with the 'I'm entitled to my opinion and you shouldn't ask if you don't want to hear it' I agree, to an extent, but there's no need to be so cruel!

Posted by: W.T.Flap
i'll be judgemental here, i don't care. I think to terminate a baby for the reasons you stated is incredibly selfish and morally wrong. This baby deserves the right to life as anyone. Stiff if it doesn't fit in with your plan. Perhaps you should have been more responsible. Remember if you terminate, its not contraception, its killing an unborn baby.

I tend to agree with the above. I just was too gutless to say it. WT Flap is to me spot on. I can't believe taht you are thinking about terminating like it is is a nothing thing.

Posted by: W.T.Flap

Flaps I usually love your style and I know tact is not really your thing, but I think this is a bit full on, as katey said she is in a hard, fragile place at the moment and just needs some advise and support, whether you agree or not.

I agree with most of what W.T Flap said but it could have been said in a nicer way.

"Im seriously thinking of ending this one and waiting for the time when we planned."

Sometimes life throws us curve balls and I am a great believer in that things happen for a reason, this child may have been sent to you for a reason.
It's not terminating for a 'nothing way'. The reasons she gives are quite valid, and they are HER reasons. At the end of the day, it's HER body, HER decision, and whether you would do it or not, there is no need to be harsh in judgement of her!

Dont beat yourself up over this at the end of the day it is your and hubbys choice. Im guessing your still young so time isnt against you. You were using a contraception.

Dont worried about what others have said as I can see some reasoning in WHY and also remember at the end of the day it is your choice.

People are going to make judgements but who are we to judge you..

No point struggling through with a pregnancy that wasnt planned it wont make things any easier..

GBH..

I just dont see why building a house is more impotant than a baby.
yeah i agree could have been said nicer, but at the same time i think it could have been a lot worse. I think you can see my passion on the topic pretty clearly in my choice of words. I hope that seeing it from that angle may perhaps let her see what she is considering a little clearer. Sometimes the truth hurts. But so do feelings of regret that you need to carry around with you like a 50kg weight on your sholders for life. I am pro choice. Not my body, not my life yes i agree. I just don't agree here with the reasons for it. thats all.

i have edited with my correct wording and spelling. So there you go.
[Edited on 20/02/2010]
Sign in to follow this topic