Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Trying really hard to make a decision, can't decide what's right.

Trying really hard to make a decision, can't decide what's right. Rss

sorry don't mean to hijack- just with a few raaf people n here thought i'd ask

my hubby was looking at joining the RAAF (his dad used to be in years ago)and i have been thinking in many ways it would be great- getting to live in different areas things like that, but i'm very nervous about the idea f moving away from family. how do you guys find the life? my MIL says she loved it and wished FIL never got out, but it still scares the hell out of me. any thoughts??

the idea of tindall definitely made me nervous with the isolation, and i'm not a big one for shops etc.
Squawker - I love it but it's not for everyone. We havnt had to go to a remote area yet and you can put in preferences where you woulkd like to be posted (doesnt mean you will get it though) but so far DH has got his 1st preferences for postings.

I dont mind being away from family where we are at the moment my parents are 4 hrs away but Dh's are all in different states

Jess 2005, Steph 2006, Chris 2008 and Olly 2009

Squawker I really enjoy it too. It was hard being away from family at first, but I guess we just got used to it, or sometimes just have to grin and bear it. When DH did the initial training we didn't have kids, so it wasn't hard for me cos I just worked.

The pay and benefits are great. They get all their dental and medical for free. We are waiting for DH to turn 30 so he can get his free vascectomy lol!

Depending on what your DH decides to join up as, there is a bit of travel involved for them. DH has been all over the country and also to Singapore. Within the next few years he will probably also get to go to Malaysia and Vegas. I get so jealous, so it's not always a good thing lol. There is sometimes a bit of tension if he goes away for about a month, I get a bit stressed having the kids on my own without a break.

All in all it's a decision you'll have to make together, we don't regret it at all.
Posted by: Yeahie
We are waiting for DH to turn 30 so he can get his free vascectomy lol!

DH is only 27 and got a free vasectomy last year lol but we have 4 kids so that might have had something to do with it

Squawker you definatly need to think about how you would cope if your DH is away and you have the kids by yourself. Dh got deployed to the middle east last year for 5 months when i was pregnant and had 3 kids to look after. It was definatly a hard and stressful time and it is hard on the kids too.

Jess 2005, Steph 2006, Chris 2008 and Olly 2009

Sign in to follow this topic