Huggies Forum

Moved:3-4 yr olds... Rss

who has one? Come on tell me all the 'naughty' things they do?

MY dd1 is 3.5 years and i feel like i am already losing the battle. She is bossy beyond belief, her way or no way, always has to have the last say/word and back chatting. I feel like she is trying to be the 'mother' and boss me around, i do pull her up, it is just constant!! Oh and the drama drama drama over everything.

For the most part she doesn't really do naughty things (apart from back chatting) it is more her attitude. Is this what most 3-4 yr olds are like or is it just her personalility?

I've had other people who have kids (older children) say things to me like your dd1 just takes everything to a whole new level. They aren't being nasty and saying their kids are perfect but they just can't believe how much of a big deal everything is to dd1.

I just want to cry sad .

TIA
DD1 is 4 and sounds exactly like your DD! Add on top of that DS who just cries and sooks all day, and DD1 thinking she can mother him and tell him what to do to, makes for a very long day some days! It's hard work, but at least I now know some one else is fighting the same battle as me!
I thought I was the only one! My DD is 4.5 going on 16. OMG! Fighting with me EVERY day, without fail sad

I'll be watching this, coz I need some suggestions on how to manage this behaviour sad
This is what i would of expected of a teen (pre babies). If this is what she is like now what will she be like when she is a teen?!

DD1 also likes to boss dd2 around or mother her, drives me batty. Everyone tells me she will change when she goes to school but i am just not convinced!
I reckon my J would give your J a run for her money Tammy! Though a fellow teacher did try and warn me against names starting with J for this very reason when I was pregnant with her, should have listened lol.

My husband actually describes her to others as Princess B!tch if that makes things clearer.

Posted by: Jaz mummy
This is what i would of expected of a teen (pre babies). If this is what she is like now what will she be like when she is a teen?!

DD1 also likes to boss dd2 around or mother her, drives me batty. Everyone tells me she will change when she goes to school but i am just not convinced!

I'm dreading the teenage years!! Surely they have to settle down, right????

I try not to think about it lol.

I have noticed with my DD1 that when she plays with the girl nextdoor (5 and in school) she is so much worse, I'm not sure if its because the girl is having a bad influence on her (kinda hard to say as they are young :s) or my DD is just showing off. the girl nextdoors mum has said to me though, that her DDs attitude has gotten worse with school :S
Danni is Tyler like this? Maybe it is a girl thing lol.

Giggles i am dreading the teenage years too. To be honest dd1 is like i was when i WAS a teen not a 3yo.

2biggirls&aprinceduesoon i really didn't want to hear that lol.
Hi,
I think it may be a girl thing. My DS is 3.5 and isn't like this. But i have girlfriends who have daughters that sound like your DD. Don't worry, my DS has his problem areas too,he just doesn't have an attitude.....YET lol.
OH THANK CHRIST!!!!! Mine's not the only one then.

Thankyou thankyou thankyou, so nice to know I am not alone.

I swear if I hear "Shoo away from me" one more time someone is going to die!!!!! (it's very cute the first dozen or so times a day but after that the cute factor RAPIDLY wears off)

Posted by: Jaz mummy
Giggles i am dreading the teenage years too. To be honest dd1 is like i was when i WAS a teen not a 3yo.

I'm dreading the teenage years too, the only small comfort I get is by trying to delude myself into thinking that she's getting it all out of her system now and by the time the dreaded hormones kick in she will be over being a monster. It's all I have LOL
[Edited on 15/02/2010]

Well atleast i know i am not alone but that doesn't make the attitude ok!! Why does it have to be so hard?!
Sign in to follow this topic