Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Gong Xi Fa Cai Rss

Translates to Happy New Year!

This year is the year of the Tiger!!
Time to go open the cognac now smile

Happy Chinese New Year!!

Happy Chinese New Year to you too!

I think I've put on a few kilos this weekend celebrating CNY at my parents place! The kids did well with their red packets smile

We have moved up to my parents place so no big celebrations this year for us gasp]
Actually I don't think the girls will get any ang pow this year, damn that always makes a nice boost to their bank accounts!

ETA I miss having lion dance and fireworks!!
[Edited on 14/02/2010]

We just have a CNY dinner with all the trimmings... thanks to my mum! smile She tried to get a lot of the yummy biscuits and cakes... as she found people that would home make them and sell them! We do the ang pow thing - yay! Also the kids usually dress up in Chinese traditional outfits... my dad goes to Taiwan for business once a year and mum sometimes tags along and she'll look out for outfits for the kids... they are a few dollars compares to the $60 for an outfit here in NZ! This year, DS1 has outgrown his and DS2 is in between sizes so no dressing up this year... though they don't fancy being in full costume in the Feb heat!

DH wants to go to the Lantern Festival but I'm not heaps keen with a 4.5 yr old, 2.5 yr old and a 2 month old!!!

Sign in to follow this topic