Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Do you have 3 kids in car seats? PLEASE what do you drive??

Do you have 3 kids in car seats? PLEASE what do you drive?? Lock Rss

Hi I need some help from mums with 3 children in car seats. I have 2 in Maxi Riders and No#3 is on the way which I have a Baby Love Colizone car seat for. I need to get a new car as mine only fits the 2 seats in the back. Could you please help me on what to buy.

Thanks

forgot to click to follow via email

2 maxi riders and 1 baby car seat fit in our car. I drive a Ford Territory. Infact i think 3 maxiriders fit in??!! I'll be finding that out in a couple of years! LOL

ETA- we have the 7 seat version, so you can fit 5 car seats in if you need to... smile
[Edited on 06/02/2010]

hey there im in the same boat dakota 2/12 wyatt 18 months and cody is 7 months.......i must of known something when we got our car coz i have a landcruiser wagon, but we also have a prado and the 3 seats fit in that well not that we use that car much its clints business vehicle...

if u dont watn o go so big a friend of mine can fit her 3 into a commodore pretty comfy and before we got the prado a friend lent us a daewoo nubira and yep all 3 fit in there lol

I drive a 12 seater hiace van..thats probably a bit to many seats for you though..lol. i have 4 baby seats and 2 boosters..

8 babies..5boys 3 girls

Not many cars will fit 2 maxiriders and a rear facing seat across one row, and you'll find there are very few 7 seater cars with factory fitted anchor points in the 3rd row.

We have a prado, and there are 3 anchor points across the middle row, but the seats I had were not going to fit. I have an older-style Hipod Senator (which is quite narrow), a capsule and a babylove rf/ff convertable. There was no way possible the babylove was going to fit as it's seriously wide.

So I have just bought a HiLiner for S1 to go into (he'll be 4.5) S2 will go into the Senator, and hopefully the capsule will fit!

If that doesn't work I'm considering stashing one of them up on the roof.
I saw a Ford Territory with 3 safe and sound car seats in the back. But I dont know if they were maxi riders.

Ford Territory here with 2 maxi riders and a car seat in the back.

Jessica 01/02/04, Lily 05/12/06, Zoe 15/07/08

Not sure if its any help but I drive a legacy wagon and this afternoon had a safe'n'sound convertible (forwards facing), a capsule and my friends booster (is just one of those polystyrene ones with a back) across my back seat. Bit of a tight squeeze but fitted everyone safely.

Love my boys M-10/05/08 J-01/12/09

i have an au falcon.. i have a 0-4 car seat(been both rear and forward) and two infa secure boosters.. fits good smile
at one stage i had two 0-4's one forward, one rearward and a big foam type booster.. still fitted well

Posted by: LA78
Not many cars will fit 2 maxiriders and a rear facing seat across one row, and you'll find there are very few 7 seater cars with factory fitted anchor points in the 3rd row.

We have a prado, and there are 3 anchor points across the middle row, but the seats I had were not going to fit. I have an older-style Hipod Senator (which is quite narrow), a capsule and a babylove rf/ff convertable. There was no way possible the babylove was going to fit as it's seriously wide.

So I have just bought a HiLiner for S1 to go into (he'll be 4.5) S2 will go into the Senator, and hopefully the capsule will fit!

If that doesn't work I'm considering stashing one of them up on the roof.

LOL thanks heaps for that my Baby love car seat is also very wide. My Hubby has a Ford Falcon so I might try them all in there latter today just to see if they will fit or measuer them up. There should be a web site or somthing that tells you how many seats fit in and what seats that would be a huge help.

Posted by: lisam6
Ford Territory here with 2 maxi riders and a car seat in the back.

My sister has a Ford Territory it looks huge in the back so I think my seats will all fit. I always wanted a Territory but the $$$ is a bit much at the moment.
MMM I might have to measure hers up to and tell Hubby I just HAVE to have one wink

Sign in to follow this topic