Huggies Forum

Preschool advise please Rss

She will be there all day, so they will have to change her,

I might put some knickers in the bag too, she can decide.
Maybe when she sees all the other kids doing it she will do it too..
You may find that it helps her TT. Peer pressure can be a wonderful thing!

Posted by: LolliBel
Maybe when she sees all the other kids doing it she will do it too..

What's the schools policy?

When my DD went to 3 year old playschool it was a requirement that they were toilet trained. If they attended before they actually turned 3 a parent had to stay with them. There was no nappy change facilities and they werent allowed to go unless TT.
Posted by: HappyHead
What's the schools policy?

When my DD went to 3 year old playschool it was a requirement that they were toilet trained. If they attended before they actually turned 3 a parent had to stay with them. There was no nappy change facilities and they werent allowed to go unless TT.

This is discrimination!!! How can a centre say that a 3 year old should be TTd by now? Some kids (boys especially) dont TT fully until 3.5 - 4.
If they say that, Lollibell, I'd say fine and put her in knickers, let them clean up the mess!
Thanks m2sweeties xo
There are centres out my way to attend you must be 3 or over and must be toilet trained other wise you can't attend.

I would probably just put her in what ever she wears the most at home.
In my Opinion working at the daycare centres kids will tend to have more accidents cause a) they are nervous and cool there is to much new stuff to see and do, they get a little excited and distracted and forget to go.
Manda, as it is a preschool, and doesn't actually cater for children under 3, technically they don't need a nappy change facility. This would also impact of staff ratios/wages/fees etc.
At our place, we prefer the children to be in knickers - pullups are just like nappies, and children begin to rely on this after a while. The staff shouldn't mind any little accidents - that is all a part of it. If it was me, I wouldn't be giving her any choice, knickers all the way - but perhaps I am a toughie! Just make sure you pack heaps of knicker snd clothes.
In our 3's, the children are asked often throughtout the day, and 'going' with a friend always helps lol
Good luck!
This is discrimination!!! How can a centre say that a 3 year old should be TTd by now? Some kids (boys especially) dont TT fully until 3.5 - 4.

I guess the difference is its a playschool not a daycare centre, they have 2 teachers and 2 parent helpers and its only for 3-4 year olds.
When my DD first started preschool, she wore "preschool undies" aka pull ups and at home undies. We did this until the pull ups were coming home dry. I also made a mark on the pull up that she was wearing so I knew if it was the same one on her when I picked it up. That way I knew whether she was wetting or not.

This preschool is in WA and for 2.5yrs-5yrs and assume they do allow nappies as they had a change mat in the laundry.

No more preschool for me though as DD is now a kindy kid!!
Sign in to follow this topic