Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

After you had your babies... Rss

did your hair fall out!?

I am SO over it! Miss E is 3.5 months and I'm losing what seems like 100 strands a day. I'm finding it everywhere, especially tangled around her fingers!lol I tried cutting it short so at least the strands are shorter.
Does it ever stop? and if so, when?
It's driving me crazy!!

TIA...

ETA if 100 strands a day is normal I must be losing 300 because this isn't normal!lol

[Edited on 26/01/2010]
Yep mine did for ages, still does but no where near as much as it did just after having the kids. It will stop eventually cant member when mine did.

yep - mine did for ages, heaps and heaps of it.
more so after 2nd child i found.
Posted by: ~*some_one*~
yep - mine did for ages, heaps and heaps of it.
more so after 2nd child i found.

OH-NO! LOL
Mine fell out after Jayden was born... really bad i had bald patches... I got a hair treatment done at the hairdressers and that helped a little bit... It stopped alot after i finished breastfeeding.

But i havent had that problem after any of the other kids.

I was told it was due to a deficiency (cant remember what tho) but there are a few supplements you can take like silica and blackmores used to make a hair skin and nail vitamin... Are u breastfeeding?? Would probably check you can take them while breastfeeding if u r.

Posted by: Beck_JaydenEllaBrody

I was told it was due to a deficiency (cant remember what tho) but there are a few supplements you can take like silica and blackmores used to make a hair skin and nail vitamin... Are u breastfeeding?? Would probably check you can take them while breastfeeding if u r.

Yep, breastfeeding. You've just reminded me another friend mentioned those supplements, might have to check it out! Thanks!

I lost quite a bit after DD1 but even more after DD2. And I have long hair so I was finding it absolutely everywhere!!!! Settled after probably around 4 months or so I think. Hope it stops soon for you smile
Not sure of the accuracy but I was told that a normal person should lose around 100 hairs a day, however when pregnant you basically stop- thats partly why it feels so much nicer and thick when preggers- so when you have bub you have to make up for a good portion of all the extra hair you accumulated!

Posted by: Danni+Ty+Jeorge+LoJo
Not sure of the accuracy but I was told that a normal person should lose around 100 hairs a day, however when pregnant you basically stop- thats partly why it feels so much nicer and thick when preggers- so when you have bub you have to make up for a good portion of all the extra hair you accumulated!

LOL.. I must be losing 200 a day then!lol
Someone else told me this too so I've been pulling out as many of the loose ones as I can in the shower.. doesn't seem to be slowing down though.
YES, YES and still waiting for it to start this time around!

I can't remember when it stopped but it drove me nuts too... and I had a small bald patch at the front sad It wasn't too obvious but obvious enough to me... argh. Anyway, I just had my hair cut short (to shoulder length) in anticipation of it happening this time... DD is only 5 weeks old...

yes i lost so much hair not with my first one but with the second one ( and 3rd and 4th ).... to the point where i got really worried i thought of the worst..... but it eventually stops i remember it took a good 6 months before it stopped.

like pp said the vitamins you can get from the chemist do help you just got to remember to take them everyday lol

/ur

I lost heaps of hair too (I have really thick hair) and everytime I washed or brushed it I would get a whopping handful. It eased after around 6 months but didn't really ease right off until after I stopped feeding.
Sign in to follow this topic