Huggies Forum

LCD, Plasma or LED Rss

We've been looking at getting a new TV and after yesterday I'm more confused than ever lol.
We really like the look of the LED's, but one person told us that the only difference between the LED and LCD is that the LED has a row of LED light along the top which is why the picture looks alot brighter???? For around $1000 more than an LCD, that's some expensive lights lol.
Someone else said that pausing movies on a plasma isn't good for the tv????
They said that Sony and Panasonic are your top brands with Samsung getting up there. We like one of the LG's lol. If you've got an LG, are you happy with it?
What TV have you got, what finally sold you on it and do you regret buying it?
We'll probably go back out looking tomorrow, but just thought I'd get some info and advice from people that aren't trying to make a sale.
Thanks
[Edited on 25/01/2010]
We've got 2 LG lcd tv's a 81cm in our bedroom and 106cm in the loungeroom. Both are full HD 1920x1080.

We love them and haven't had any problems with them.

I did see the new Samsung LED in store the other day and it looked awesome but like you said not sure I'd pay the extra money for it.

We have LG Plasma's - and they are great smile
We have just bought a 50 inch Panasonic Plasma Full HD.

It's fantastic, I'm stoked with it.
I've heard you get image burn if you pause for too long on a plasma but if DP plays xbox or we need to pause a movie or whatever wevleave it going but turn off the tv.

There's good and bad with all, I guess it's just up to personal preference smile

we'd looked at the Panasonic for ages, then I decided to buy one as they were giving away a Wii + 3 games for free with it via redemption smile

good luck choosing.

.x. Just Me & My Princess .x.

We have a 42inch Samsung Plasma full HD....

I love it!! I really like car racing, tennis and footy and to be honest the LCD just are not good if your into sport as the imiges take a while to 'catch up' so it blurs a bit... So plasma is the way to go if you or your hubby are into sport...

Also on the LG. we have heard there are not the best brand the others you mentioned are the more 'prefered' brands when it comes to TV's.

Happy shopping!
109cm Samsung plasma HD. Got that with a TV unit all for $1000. So great price. Friends were moving. The only flaw I know with plasmas is that if you move them you cant lie them flat they have to be moved straight up and down and as yet our screen hasnt burnt any pattern in it and the kids leave the Wii on some days.

Go with what you can afford.

Unlike the olden days doesnt matter what you get nothing is made to last.

I say that as my DF'S Grandparents still watch and own the first TV they ever owned after black and white.

If you like watching alot of sport and that then the Plasma is better.

We have a 50inch Full HD Samsung plasma, no dramas.

LED is the best. The picture quality is fantastic.

In my opinion, I would rank them in this order...

LED
Plasma
LCD

I dont like LCD's. I much prefer plasma.

We have a plasma and love it. We will be upgrading asap to a LED. I'm pretty sure LED use less power than a plasma??
Posted by: Mum2ACheekyPair
LED is the best. The picture quality is fantastic.

In my opinion, I would rank them in this order...

LED
Plasma
LCD

I dont like LCD's. I much prefer plasma.

We have a plasma and love it. We will be upgrading asap to a LED. I'm pretty sure LED use less power than a plasma??

Does it give a 'fake' picture like LCD?
I've only looked at them in the shops and TBH didn't notice the fake picture... its alot brighter and clearer though.

I know EXACTLY what you mean about the fake picture thought... everything looks like 'a reality show' on an LCD... It looks crap!
Our TV is still good its about 9 or 10 years old so we are just getting a a set top box soon.As dh said Kevin will be giving them out soon, so we are not in a big hurry.

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Posted by: vkw
Our TV is still good its about 9 or 10 years old so we are just getting a a set top box soon.As dh said Kevin will be giving them out soon, so we are not in a big hurry.

God i hope he does i could use one in my room! LOL
Sign in to follow this topic