Huggies Forum

Ectopic pregnancy experiences Rss

Hi ladies,
I just lost what would have been my second baby at 6 weeks due to an ectopic pregnancy, my left tube burst and was removed along with my left ovary. It was a horrible way to spend new years day. But that aside, I feel like I'm falling apart right now and am wondering how other ladies got through such a horrible experience. Thanks so much in advance.

Rachyl.
I havnt experienced an ectopic but I have had a miscarriage and you just have to take it one minute, one hour, one day at a time. Let yourself grieve and if you need it seek some councilling. It does get better in time. I found it helpful to plant a nice flower in memory of my little lost angel. All your feelings are completey normal no matter how it is your feeling. We all process grief differently

Hugs Ness

Hi Rachyl, I haven't experienced an ectopic pregnancy but just wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you've got lots of supportive friends and family to help you through this tough time.

Hugs to you.

Kym

Charlie girl 15/01/06 & Dean the Machine 22/08/09

Thank you so much to you both Ness and Kym, I appreciate your messages of support. I am thinking since I am the anti-christ of green thumbs that a flower that was a bit more permanent may be better, perhaps a small tattoo. But I'm not sure which flower I'd prefer, a poppy, which is the flower of the month that the baby was due, or a carnation, symbolic of January, the month my bubba was lost.
Hi Rachyl, that's a lovely idea. You could have both flowers if you can't decide. I'm sure whatever you choose will be very fitting for the special memory of your little angel.

Hope you're doing ok.

Kym.

Charlie girl 15/01/06 & Dean the Machine 22/08/09

Hi Rachyl,
I saw your post and had to reply. I had an ectopic pregnancy back in June. I knew from the start something was wrong with my pregnancy but my Doc fobbed me off and after a series of blood tests which shows rising HCG levels within the normal range I started to think I was being paranoid. But by the time I was almost 7 weeks I started getting very bad pain and ended up having surgery to removed my tube and our little Angel bubba. I was lucky to get Lap surgery so I only have 3 small scars and I recovered from the surgery within a week.

I too felt like I was falling apart as I found out not long afterwards that 3 poeple at my work were all pregnant and due around the same time as I should have been. My DH and I went out and brought a little teddy bear (I'm not a green thumb person and tend to kill plants) who stays in our bedroom. What got me through was lots of tears and cuddling the bear at night (Our DD will often go in there and give it cuddles too). Spending lots of time with my DD also helped to remind me that we are bless with a very healthy child.

I truly do believe that things happen for a reason, while I have no idea what the reason was that we lost our bubba.....I take comfort in the fact that there must be one and "he" is watching over us now. In time things do get better smile You are welcome to PM if you need to talk.
Mel

PS. as you will see from my ticker, we were extremely bless to get pregnant again soon (them taking my tube was the best thing as my other remaining tube is working just fine) and expecting our second child in april.
Sign in to follow this topic