Huggies Forum

what would you do? Lock Rss

Ive been unwell for 2.5 weeks.

Started as a sticky infected eye, turned into a cold, then chest infection was on anti-biotics just finished them but now am feeling even sicker than a week ago.
Sooo blocked up & sinus hurts. Chest is a mess & feel like crapola!! Soooooooo tired.

Dilema is: I have to work tomorrow (well mon-fri lol) but really feel like I need a day at home resting while the kids all go to school. (this weekend has been less than restful looking after the kids & doing all the housework that needed catching up on, lol) BUT my boss is in hospital after just having a hip replacement so I feel like i HAVE to be there tomorrow kwim??!!

What would you do?

Take a sick day (with Drs cert, Im going 2moro either way to Drs) or go to work, share the germs some more & risk getting worse not better cause Im running myself down. But also risk the boss cracking the 5hi7s bigtime!!

is there anyone that can fill in for you? Is monday usually a busy day?

In all honesty if it were me i would drug myself up(panadol etc) and go to bed NOW, stuff what needs to be done, leave it all and sleep and go to work tomorrow then gewt to the doctor. But in saying that im a martyr.

You should go, if its your responsiblity to be there then you should be there.

If it was my business and I was given more stress that one of my workers didn't show I would be majorly P.O.
Would you boss prefer you to come in and spread your germs around and cause others to take days off? It makes me angry that bosses get p1ssed off at people taking sick days when they are really sick. Take the day off, you should get yourself better before going back to work.
Yeah your prob right. I should go. Will see how I feel in the morning. If its anything like right now thats not good at all. havent felt this shit in years!

Im on a casual rate so at least he wouldnt lose any $$.

Monday could be busy or quiet, when I left my desk Friday arv it was all sorted out and cleared of work from the week before ready for the new week.

Im on call on my mobile practically 24/7 either way.

Posted by: gkn
Would you boss prefer you to come in and spread your germs around and cause others to take days off? It makes me angry that bosses get p1ssed off at people taking sick days when they are really sick. Take the day off, you should get yourself better before going back to work.

Chest infections aren't contagious(sp) after 3 days. She is ok to work
Maybe do a half day? Make your doctors appointment at lunch time and go home after that if you are still feeling unwell.

DD

Chest infections aren't contagious(sp) after 3 days. She is ok to work

Wheather or not she's contagious, she shouldn't feel guilty about staying home when she's really sick.
[Edited on 15/11/2009]
I would go, and if you still feel bad at lunchtime, go home. Your boss can't argue if you're not well, and if other see you and can back you up, you should be fine.

I hope you feel better soon!
Posted by: MumToThreeSweeties
I would go, and if you still feel bad at lunchtime, go home. Your boss can't argue if you're not well, and if other see you and can back you up, you should be fine.

I hope you feel better soon!

Lol, for the last 2 weeks they've been spraying Glen20 at my desk and making jokes about holding their breath when i walk past them coughing & spluttering.. haha
Bec take the day off if your still not well, sometimes it's the best thing you can do to try and recover. I'm sure they will all understand.

Your body must be so run down, you've gone from being home most days to working full time, as well as still having to cook, clean and be mum & dad.

If it were me, I would still go in.

Half the time, when you have a day off for being sick, you tend to feel better not much longer after you call in sick! lol

I know, if i was to stay at home, i wouldnt rest up, no matter how much my body needed it! Im a shocker at resting up!

3 Little Ones to Love.....

Sign in to follow this topic