Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. How much food is in your fridge/ pantry at any given time?

How much food is in your fridge/ pantry at any given time? Rss

I am just curious as we generally live with the bare minimum and then there's days like today where I will cook something with what i've got but I don't have much choice so i'll have to go to the supermarket tomorrow. We usually shop once a week and we only really buy what we need for the week. Even after shopping we only ever have three and a half shelves with food in the pantry and a fairly empty fridge and freezer... our fridge has never been full! My parents are the type of people that have stuff falling out of the fridge and freezer even when they haven't done a decent shop in ages so I don't know where I got this habit from. So how about you guys?
We stock up when we shop, mainly because of where we live and the trucks can be a week apart. I still have a pantry full of cyclone foodstuff that I need to donate to the Salvos. We tend to have an overflowing pantry and a fridge that is comfortably full.
Our pantry is usually quite full but mainly with things like pasta, rice, flour etc and we just get the main foods (and unhealthy snack foods lol) once a fortnight.
That's the thing I have one shelf of different cereals, one of various types of pasta, one with flour, seasonings, sauces etc.. and half of the last one with potatoes and that's just about it.
Our pantry and freezer are generally quite full with all the staples (flour, rice, cooking stuff, sauces) as well as a lot of 'lazy' meals and snacks- noodles, tinned soups etc. Our freezer is the same, full of meals, chips, veg and meat. Our fridge generally isn't over flowing, just enough fresh fruit, veg, milk, cheese etc. I try not to over stock the fridge as I hate all the waste.
Usually pretty full, except around this time of the month. Because I only shop once a month around the 15th so we are running low ATM.
Ours is always very full!! We shop every 2 weeks and fill up in between with fresh fruit, veg and milk and bread.

But the last 2 weeks we didnt shop as we have decided to run everything down and restart. As i find im not using half the stuff i have!!

So we still have one week left to go and i must say we are getting quite low! It will have been 1 month since we last shopped propper and im amazed at what meals we are pulling together when i would have run off to the shops! LOL
We tend to have an overflowing pantry and a fridge that is comfortably full.

Same at our place.
My pantry is always full of tin food, pasta, aking stuff, noodles, cereals etc...The fridge n freezer not so often cos I dont like waste and I find if I buy alot of cold stuff it usually doesnt get used. I shop once a week though so there is always fresh fruit n veg n meat etc

Mummy to 3 little goblins

Our pantry is generally full. Ive always got ALOT of tinned food (just in case of an emergency)

We mainly run low on fresh food, junk food, meat etc.

Our pantry and freezer are generally quite full with all the staples (flour, rice, cooking stuff, sauces) as well as a lot of 'lazy' meals and snacks- noodles, tinned soups etc. Our freezer is the same, full of meals, chips, veg and meat. Our fridge generally isn't over flowing, just enough fresh fruit, veg, milk, cheese etc. I try not to over stock the fridge as I hate all the waste.

Same but at the end of the fortnight things are running low

I do food shopping once a fortnight, I only buy what I need and use. My Pantry and fridge looks bare to others (and everyone comments lol) but it accommodates how much we eat and I never have nothing to cook IYKWIM?

This is the way I like it, everything gets used before the use by date and I never have to go through and clean them out, I don't double up on things because I can clearly see what I do and don't have.
Sign in to follow this topic