Huggies Forum

whats the longest... Rss

I'm in week 5 with 3 months to go at the moment. Had 3 months a few years ago when I only had 2 kids. I'm a RAAF wife so thats why such a long time here

Jess 2005, Steph 2006, Chris 2008 and Olly 2009

Last year we had 3 months as our longest....looks like this year might be a bit longer though...lol JSCnBump we are navy - i guess if you want to see your hubby dont marry a defence guy they are never home!!!
yeah i am also in awe of you women with men that are serving in the army, navy, airforce.
that must be so hard. especially for the men to come back and their babies to no longer be babies!

DH used to go away for 5-6 weeks at a time all the time before i had Ash and while i was pregnant, but he stopped that once she was born as he didnt want to be away from us.

this trip away is going to test my patience with Ash thats for sure LOL

Mum is only a phone call away but lives interstate so i'll have to have long distance support smile
Posted by: rae06
lol JSCnBump we are navy - i guess if you want to see your hubby dont marry a defence guy they are never home!!!

LOL very true. I'm just glad this deployment is only 4 months could have been much worse

Jess 2005, Steph 2006, Chris 2008 and Olly 2009

9 days - Dh went on a fishing trip and i was home with 3 kids...did miss him but it was also lovely to have an orderly house for 9 days LOL. Dh never puts things back where they belong.

DH has always worked away (tankers) anywhere from 6-12weeks. We moved interstate at the start of the year and I have just done 8 weeks by myself with 2 kids!! Although I dont post much reading huggies has kept me sane!!!

Around 3 weeks a month, every month
now that we have moved away for DP's job and he's a train driver...so he's away ALOT, the longest was 7 nights and poor liv missed daddy like mad, to the point when he got home, she wouldn't let him put her down for like an hour haha but we're lucky if DP is home 3 nights in a week! he's roster is all over the place...sucks but liv and i have fun together smile

I'm currently doing a five day stint. I had one day notice that he was going to Adelaide. And all the big kids are in Adelaide too. So just me and the girls home. Long weekend here in WA so nothing open all weekend in our town. DF will miss DD1's 3rd birthday.Wanted to go with him, but couldn't get accomodation.
Last weekend he was away at his brother's wedding for 3 days and missed DD2's first birthday.
I'm used to him going away though when DD1 was a baby, he was away 1 week/month for her first year. But it's a lot harder with 2 little ones. And a baby that wakes at least every 2 hours through the night.
He was in the Army, so I was a defence wife too and have also been a single parent.
I find living in this town hard enough but it's really doing my head in at the moment home alone. There is literally nowhere to go and nothing to do. Unless I want to get in the car and drive 200kms.
No friends or family for 2000kms!
Em, can you tell I'm going crazy?

Michelle- 3 boys-17,13 & 9 -2 girls-3 & 1

When Dominik was 6mths old, Stefan went to India for 8 weeks, America for 6 weeks
But since Annika has been born, I think the longest was 3 weeks...
I grew up with mostly my dad being away with the army a lot, then both my mum and dad away with the army.

1 monkey, 1 diva = the love of my life

oh michelle that must suck.
at least for me i have shops and things i can go to and if i get desperate....the inlaws LOL
about 4-5 days hubby had to go to perth from adelaide and drove lol

Sign in to follow this topic