Huggies Forum

Who here owns an exercise bike? Rss

???
No but I want one dh wont get me one sad

Im trying to convince him to get me a stand that you can lock a normal bike onto and make it into an exercise bike

me
Me.. Not your typical exercise bike but. Its like what Natty16 wrote. Its a normal mountain bike that i put on a stand. Works well as i can use it like this but can also ride outside (it easily clips off the stand)

ok.. Lets ride together and motivate each other.. Cause I am looking at mine and making excuses NOT to get on.. At least if I am accountable to someone, I may just do it! Interested???? If I have to get up and dance in front of people at the end of this year, I NEED TO LOSE THE JIGGLY BITS!!!!
why dont you set it up in front of the computer and you can cycle and read hugs at the same time - who said woman cant multiy task tongue

i have a york one but its too hard lol my legs kill after 5 mins i can sometimes push myself to half a hour but im going at a snails pace and im pretty much doing no uphill. mine has set courses u can do and im forever pushing the DOWN button to make it not go uphill lol. i can walk forever on a treadmill but im obviously lacking in the muscle needed to ride . i havnt used mine in ages if u can motivate me ill be thankfull lol. df puts me to shame riding like a maniac up big hills burning loads of caleries. i burn sweet fluck all on it, thats y it is packed away lol.

Posted by: what-do-u-think
i have a york one but its too hard lol my legs kill after 5 mins i can sometimes push myself to half a hour but im going at a snails pace and im pretty much doing no uphill. mine has set courses u can do and im forever pushing the DOWN button to make it not go uphill lol. i can walk forever on a treadmill but im obviously lacking in the muscle needed to ride . i havnt used mine in ages if u can motivate me ill be thankfull lol. df puts me to shame riding like a maniac up big hills burning loads of caleries. i burn sweet fluck all on it, thats y it is packed away lol.

I have a YORK one too.It's awesome.. Sounds similar to yours. I have just ridden 7kms and then spent a few minutes with the punching bag and then a little bit of skipping. whilst I was riding the bike I did some bicep and tricep curls too... I'd love to have someone to workout with.. I have taken my measurements, weight and heart rate etc.. So maybe you can do it too and we can track ourselves and maybe feed off each others success????

And the more you stick at it, the stronger your legs will get.. You might be able to challenge yourself differently too. Like, how many kms can you do in 20 mins and then keep trying to beat it????

What do you think???
sounds great . i usually jump on my treadmill a few times a week but id love to build up my legs to b able to ride more. does ur bike give u ur heart rate ect? gosh ur good i dunno bout bicep curls whilst riding, u wanna kill me lol. how often do u plan on riding? im home most days with ym son and being preg so would love to know someone else is pushing through ther pain to motivate me lol. riding and treadmill is the best exercise besides swimming when preg . ill prob have to take it easy at first cant get past 140 with heart rate but then hopefully by the time i have bubs i can really push myself. i always feel so good when i have done a workout, its just getting up and doing it lol.

Ah yes, you are pregnant so you cant go too hard... I would really like a treadmill too, but hubby isnt so sure... I would like to get out with the pram but my stupid hands hurt too much! grrr I just have to lose my pregnancy weight, it's been on me now for far too long.. I have just gone through the weight watchers book to find foods with 0 points no matter how much you eat.. so far I have:

Foods with ZERO points

• Asparagus
• Baby Spinach Leaves
• Broccoli
• Brussel sprouts
• Cabbage
• Carrot
• Cauliflower
• Choko
• Lettuce
• Cucumber
• Mushroom
• Onion
• Shallots
• Snowpeas
• Spinach
• Squash
• Tomato
• Zucchini
its been too miserable here to get out with the pram , i would highly recommend a treadmill mine has a tv so i just walk for ages up hill or not it burns so much more calories than a bike but it doesnt build up the same muscles. i guess my jam drops im going to make dont have 0 points lol , damn.i eat loads from that list thats great to know although besides the asparagus the otehr flavours i eat with it all is prob no good . i basically dont need to lose weight but really want to stay as toned as possible so after bubs i can get super fit and feel great about myself, i find it really hard to accept the changes to my body afetr kids although i am very ,lucky and have a great metabolism. so im about to go drag my bike out the spare room and set it up in the loungeroom, might motivate df to get on too he is pushing 100 kilo atm.

ok so im set up, do u weigh urself and get heart rate befoer hand and then after? do u count how many calories u burn and what other measurements did u do? im going to jump on in a minute before i go baking lol. how much weight are u looking to lose and in what time frame? u have definantly helped motivate me

Sign in to follow this topic