Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Good Supermarket Brand Shampoos/Conditioners - Are there any?

Good Supermarket Brand Shampoos/Conditioners - Are there any? Rss

I have been using hair products from Hair Warehouse but its getting too expensive so I need to cut back and buy supermarket brands. What brands do you ladies use that you find work really well, especially on coloured hair????

3year old wonderful little helper

I love Clairol Herbal Essenses & Garnier Fructis.

My hairdresser told me NEVER to use Pantene as it coats your hair in silicone which over times makes your hair fall out!
I used to buy my shampoo from Hairhouse Warehouse too as I have bleached hair but now I use Pantene Blonde shampoo from the supermarket. I buy V05 or Pears for my DD (she has coloured hair and it tends to be frizzy but these 2 shampoos tame it well) which ever one is cheaper and head n shoulders for my DP...Most shampoos around the $5 mark are usually good but stay away from the cheap nasty ones (the $1.99 specials LOL) they arent too good IMO anyway.

Mummy to 3 little goblins

I use Herbal essenses, garnier fructis or dove.

I agree with the PP most of the ones around the $5 - $6 mark are pretty good!

I use Loreal Elvive for coloured hair and LOVE it!! I also use the treatment in the tub for coloured hair! I think it's about $5.50ea from BIG W!!

I have tried expensive and cheap and my two favourites that make my hair soft and shiney is Herbal Essences and VO5 (and thats only $4 a bottle!!)
Posted by: Izaak*&*Kyans*Mum
I use Loreal Elvive for coloured hair and LOVE it!! I also use the treatment in the tub for coloured hair! I think it's about $5.50ea from BIG W!!

Im a hairdresser and even i dont buy salon shampoo and conditioner because its too expensive even getting it at wholesale price!

I agree with Izaak & Kyans mum, Elvive is really nice and makes your hair so soft, dove,herbal essense and garnier are all nice too, definitely stay away from the cheap shampoo and cond as they are gross. Pantene is okay but the reason why we dont like people using it when they get their hair coloured professionally is because it leaves your hair so silky and soft it leaves a silicon coating on the hair which is hard to colour over so colours can turn out different than what they should.

I use Herbal Essences Color Me Happy. I really don't see any difference between that and the salon brands I used years ago (find out more here https://productadvisor.com/best-shampoo-for-col... ). I consider my hair pretty healthy. I don't use any other hair products, except for home made masks
Sign in to follow this topic