Huggies Forum

How old is to old??? Rss

In your opinion how old is to old for a dummy???

I had to do a double take at the shopping centre today when I seen 2 boys with with there parents aged around 7-8 and 5-6 both sucking on dummies!!!

yep. too old
all i can say is yuk! what the???

I think 2 is prob the absolute most i would let DD have a dummy for.

DD - 27/08/07 DS - 5/01/10

that is way too old i would say 1 year but then again i dont have that prob with Brock he doesnt like them. literally gags on them.

age 3 is my cut off point with a dummy.
they obviously dont think its too old, it takes all kinds of people to make the world go round!
we took elijahs dummy away a few weeks ago, hes just turned 2.
the latest we were going to was on his 3rd birthday.

yes i thinks its gross, aswell as older toddlers drinking chocolate milk, cordial or even coke from a bottle....we took elis bottle away when he was 7montsh old and switched him to sippers......so i think my max age for a bottle would be 12months.
Way too old. I wanted to get DS out of his by two...so we weren't far off...even thats too old IMO...but i was too lazy to do it earlier.
Yeah I think its way to old DD is 18 months old I think she is getting to old for a dummy and it will be gone by the time she is 2, and what about there peers, kids will find anything to pick on each other about, very strange I thought!!!

Jaz is three and still has a bottle and a dummy. It doesn't hurt anyone and I don't mind, she is happy and I am happy that she is happy!
I think once they have started school they should no longer need a dummy. Having said that IF they still had one there would be no way in hell I would take them out in public with a dummy at the ages mentioned in the OP.
I took my dd's away Just before she turned 2.
BUT be very careful...
I used to get evils and nasty snide comments ALL the time about DD being too old, and she wasnt even 2...
Just because she looks older then she is......

Sign in to follow this topic