Huggies Forum

Plumbing Textbooks Rss

Hi ladies this is a long shot...but worth a try!

My nephew has been accepted into a pre apprenticeship course at tafe and he starts on Monday. We only found out on Fri, so we dont have much time to get everything he needs.

We have managed to get everything except 3 textbooks. They are SOOO expensive, so i was wondering if there is anyone with the following textbooks that you dont need or use anymore, if you would be willing to sell them to me.

I have searched all over the web to buy them 2nd hand to no avail.

Ok the books are..

* Basic Plumbing Services Skills (TAFE NSW South west sydney institute) Pearsons education Australia 2007

* AS/NZS 3500 Plumbing and Drainage

* NSW Code of Practice plumbing and drainage (July 2006)

Thanks ladies, if you know any places i may have overlooked please let me know, my nephew is only 15 and turning over a new leaf so to speak, he has come to live with me and im new to raising teenagers!!!

Liz

Hey darl, we have this one: australia/new zealand standard plumbing and drainage Part 3: Stormwater Drainage (AS/NZ 3500.3:2003

Is that it????
Im not sure if thats it or not....Im thinking because he is just starting he may need part 1 ( if there is a part 1). I may have to get back to you after he checks with his teacher on Mon, is that ok?

Thanks heaps

I can't help you with the textbooks I'm sorry but just wanted to say 'good on your nephew' for doing an apprenticeship. Its a great qual to have AND that is so sweet and generous you are helping him out and have accepted him into your home smile

Thankyou for your kind words JoRyanJay. I just love this kid to bits, unfortunately he is easily led and needs more understanding and support than my sis is willing to give atm.
Everybody deserves a second chance i say....

Posted by: Curiousgeorge
Thankyou for your kind words JoRyanJay. I just love this kid to bits, unfortunately he is easily led and needs more understanding and support than my sis is willing to give atm.
Everybody deserves a second chance i say....

I really admire you. It takes a special person to have patience , forgiveness and understanding ... sounds like your nephew has landed in exactly the right spot for him at the moment. All the Best !!!!

There is a section on eBay where you can say what you are looking for and if anybody has it, they contact you and you come to a price agreement. (Unless ofcourse they want too much for it.) It might be worth a shot?

3 Gorgeous Girls!

Yeah that's fine, i thought there might be a part 1, DP started his apprenticship (sp) years ago but never finished it so brought that book about 12 months ago to finish it!!! He's got 2 other books as well so just let me know...there just sitting in the cupboard so even if you might need them later on just pm me.
Thanks Kristy will try that.

LittleMissSunshine i will contact you as soon as i know. thankyou.

Liz

Try the library!
DH had to watch these DVDS for uni, they would of cost $80 each, but hired them out for free for a month! AWESOME!

Same with the text books, IF your lucky enough! DH generally has to buy them, and i know they arent cheap! But it is worth a shot!

3 Little Ones to Love.....

Thanks for that, will check it out on Monday.

bump

Sign in to follow this topic