Huggies Forum

sydney... Rss

Yeah the skywalk thats it! now i remember lol!
yeah i dont mind a bit of walking, it would probaly do me some good...

Where abouts is watsons bay?

Luna park, well we will definately be going there!! we went to melbourne earlier in the year and we went to luna park, i couldnt go on any rides or anything so i was quite upset!! lol, got to watch dp have all the fun, so yep that will definately be a stop!

Dakota 7 month old lil princess

public transport is pretty good, trains buses and ferries. there is also those open double decker tourist buses that take you to all the attractions.
watsons bay is close to bondi, and home of the notorious Gap! also you should try and get to bondi beach for a look. umm... thinking of some more
hey there i lived in syd for just under a year i loved the markets there are a few in sydney there paddy's markets in haymarket and flemington (near homebush) and also parklea markets also there is a bonds factory in sydenham which i loved when buying singlets for bub also you could go for a walk around the olympic stadium if that sort of thing interests you. it really depends on what part of sydney you are staying in as i lived in the inner-west and only ventured around my local area (sydney way to busy for me) also if your looking for good food try either leichhardt for italian or majors bay rd concord for lil cafes (personally recommend majors bay cafe) mmmm there desserts are to die for anyway thats all i can think off other than the obvious walk across the coathanger walk around the harbour via botanic gardens oh must try harry's hotdogs down at
Woolloomooloo mmmm also the bicentenial gardens at homebush are beautiful and have huge picnic areas

have a look at www.sydney.com.au has all the touristy things listed and about the transport and maps.

Enjoy your time there. We live near the ACT so it takes about 3 hours so go for day trips sometimes. Just for the shopping mostly. DH and I love the Ikeas up there none here.

currently being updated please check back later.

sunrise is filmed in sydney in the city at martin place buses and trains are excellent in sydney just make sure the station you need has pram access
yeah i definately want to go to bondi so i will keep watsons bay in mind...

Ill sure be hopping on a ferry smile

I love all the touristy stuff, as well as all the 'normal' stuff, i love going on those scenic tours, but also love just wandering around shops on my own...
plus i like to hop on buses and just get off if i see something cool, but i dont really want to get lost (like i have here, because i dont even understand the public transport here in SA and ive lived here all my life lol!!) so im glad the sydney transport is better.

Ive always wanted to go on a double decker bus... lol!

Posted by: mahalia-anne
hey there i lived in syd for just under a year i loved the markets there are a few in sydney there paddy's markets in haymarket and flemington (near homebush) and also parklea markets also there is a bonds factory in sydenham which i loved when buying singlets for bub also you could go for a walk around the olympic stadium if that sort of thing interests you. it really depends on what part of sydney you are staying in as i lived in the inner-west and only ventured around my local area (sydney way to busy for me) also if your looking for good food try either leichhardt for italian or majors bay rd concord for lil cafes (personally recommend majors bay cafe) mmmm there desserts are to die for anyway thats all i can think off other than the obvious walk across the coathanger walk around the harbour via botanic gardens oh must try harry's hotdogs down at
Woolloomooloo mmmm also the bicentenial gardens at homebush are beautiful and have huge picnic areas

thanks for all that...
yeah the olympic stadium sounds good ill keep that in mind...
i dont think ill have enough time to do all the things i want to now ha ha ha!!lots of markets! cool, i love markets,
Im not quite sure what area i will be staying, as its with dps parents, but they said its about 15 minutes from the city, thats about all i know, but ill have to ask him to get more info...

hot dogs! yummm

anyhoo thank you for all the info, im writing it all down... just have to see how much i can cram in.... smile

Posted by: trace128
have a look at www.sydney.com.au has all the touristy things listed and about the transport and maps.

Enjoy your time there. We live near the ACT so it takes about 3 hours so go for day trips sometimes. Just for the shopping mostly. DH and I love the Ikeas up there none here.

thanks for the site, just having a look now....
i love ikea, we finally got one a lil while back yay!!

best bet with public transport is a day tripper from memory it was $15 dollars for travel on all city trains city cats and buses, it was well worth it especially if you are trying to cram so much in i love watsons bay and double bay my dp used to work over there so i used to meet him when he finished work and walk around the gap warning if you do the walk around south head were you can see the old harbour defense turrerts and such there is a nudist beach just over half way so dont look down (i took a 10 yr and 8 yr old boys) to look at the whales from the heads well that was a learning experience
geeze seems like im the only sydney sider lol

there are two factory outlets
- birkenhead point (on victoria rd and on the water so you can get there by ferry) - its ok but is recieving a makeover at the moment so there isnt much there due to the renos
- dfo at homebush near the markets so if your going to the olympic park you can stop there - its on the ok side they have a good cotton on kids outlet and most stuff is $5 pretty good (gets really croweded on the weekends though)

if you do go to homebush stop at the aqutic centre if your kids are old enough cause they have good activities for the kids
if not go for a picnic in centenial park lots of parks for the kids and boradwalks ect

as for the city centre there is just the usual - bridge, luna park, opera house, the rocks (i know they do a market not sure when)
oh and manly has a market think its on the weekends but there is prob a website

Posted by: mahalia-anne
best bet with public transport is a day tripper from memory it was $15 dollars for travel on all city trains city cats and buses, it was well worth it especially if you are trying to cram so much in i love watsons bay and double bay my dp used to work over there so i used to meet him when he finished work and walk around the gap warning if you do the walk around south head were you can see the old harbour defense turrerts and such there is a nudist beach just over half way so dont look down (i took a 10 yr and 8 yr old boys) to look at the whales from the heads well that was a learning experience

well we wil be doing a fair bit of travelling i think so that day trip sounds like a smart investment, i definately will be checking out those 'bays'they sound nice.... and ill be sure to avoid the nudist beach lol!!! thanx for all your help

Sign in to follow this topic