Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

DH has gone Rss

DH has gone to melbourne for 1 week for work and im feeling really down. I really miss him and just cant seem to function properly when hes not here. do other people feel like this when their partners away or welcome the peace and quiet?
for the first 5 mins im so happy he isnt home but then im the same as you are feeling now!

i love it when he isnt here, does get a little loney, but i just get really paranoid of a night if he isnt here, its anoying but i cant help it, last time he was out at night for a few hours at night i yelled at him when he got home cuz i had been hearing noises and freakin out hehe
Mine is gone for 10 days it's the first time dd has been with out her daddy. She doesnt seem to mind but we are taking one day at a time. I dont mind i like the peace and time to do things in my own time or not:)

its bad isnt it, i feel like just bursting into tears at times. Does it get any better?
I love it. The house stays as I like it, neat & tidy, the kids are settled and behave well and are in bed early, the washing isn't mounted up (he uses a lot of clothes in a week!), dinner is simple, no tapping on the shoulder at night... I could go on!! But I do like it when he comes home too.
I love the peace and quiet and having the whole bed to myself lol! No it does get lonely at times. Dp is now away for 3 days, comes home for one day and then goes again for another 3 days. During the day isn't so bad, just when night times comes I get lonely.
so true jamdrop, night time is the worse when all the kids are in bed and you have time to think. funny, i still sleep on my side of the bed though.
I love it when DP goes away on a tour or something, less cooking, cleaning, washing, picking up after...

but the best bit is when they come back.

Charlie girl 15/01/06 & Dean the Machine 22/08/09

Posted by: princys mum
its bad isnt it, i feel like just bursting into tears at times. Does it get any better?

Yes I think it does get easier, for me it did anyway.

Will your DH be going away often?

Charlie girl 15/01/06 & Dean the Machine 22/08/09

he goes away a few times a year and you think i would be used to it by now but im not. i just miss him like crazy, i love the fool so much!
Yep I still sleep on my side of the bed to! But it does get easier after awhile
Sign in to follow this topic