Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

baby monitor Rss

Hi

I bought a Roger Armstrong baby monitor because it offered a long distance range and has a clip, so I thought I could wander around the house and sit in our courtyard and still listen out for bubs.

BUT it is hopeless !

We live in a brick home and it doesn't even work well from DS's room and our room (and he is right next door to us),let a lone from his room to our courtyard (about 5 rooms away) !

The static is atrocious.

Does anyone else have this problem ?

What monitor do you recommend ?

I'm thinking of purchasing another.

Thanks

Caroline
Hi
We have the Angelcare sound & movement monitor and it is fantastic. We haven't had any problems with interference etc, as it has 3 channels so if there is any interference you can just change frequencies. We can take ours right out the front of our place and it still works ok.
HI,

we had a baby care monitor which seemed to work well in a solid brick house. It had 2 channels which was handy as we used to pick up a neighbours baby monitor also so switching channels helped us.

If you are in the market for a new cordless phone, UNIDEN has a room monitor function you can also use as a baby monitor, though I am not too sure how that one works.

SJ
thanks girls,

i sent an email to the roger armstrong company and they suggest I send the monitor in to them for testing, which I think I'll do.

If we're still not happy with it, we're going to buy an angelcare one.

Sign in to follow this topic