Huggies Forum

which one is better ? Lock Rss

Hi

i've started a few threads about umbrella strollers and have narrowed my choice down to 2 which i'd like any advice on please.

either the maclaren quest or the valco metro.
a few people have said valco customer service is useless if something goes wrong.

any comments ????

thanks
Hi there

I would definitely recommend the Maclaren.

I have had the Techno Classic for just over 2yrs now and love it. I have never had a problem with the stroller.

I asked about how Maclaren were with after sales service when I was looking and was told by the sales assistant that they had never actually had any returns on Maclarens!! (I took this to be a good sign)

I'm not sure that the Valco is like, but I borrowed a Steelcraft for an o/s trip last year and was cursing every corner and bump as it was like driving a tractor compared to my Maclaren.

I guess this illustrates that you get what you pay for and although the Maclaren was the most expensive option amongst the strollers I was considering, I have no regrets.

On the down side would be that even though the basket holds a reasonable amount of things, it is very difficult to get things in and out of it (almost impossible if your little one is laying right back - I'm not sure if the model you are considering is a layback one or not)

One other minus its that the as the stroller is so lightweight, there is no way that I can put a baby bag over the handles (which is said to be unsafe on any pram/stroller).

If you have a child (or can borrow one) to test drive both the strollers around the shop, then that's the best way to see which one you like best.

Good luck

Denise

PS If you would like any more info, please feel free to private message me
Thanks for your reply denise

I have heard many good things about maclarens. Actually I have never heard a bad comment about them at all.
The price difference is over $100 but as you say, you get what you pay for.
I'd hate to save the $100+ then have troubles.

thanks again
caroline

I have a quest and LOVE it. I wish I'd bought one when DD was a toddler instead of the piece of crap I did buy. I've had my Maclaren for 6mths, and it's been used nearly everyday! DS loves it too. Go for it. Mine's grey & lime/citrus. $279 at DJ's.
Sign in to follow this topic