Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. Reviews
  5. nursing pads- which ones do I buy? Which ones are crap?

nursing pads- which ones do I buy? Which ones are crap? Lock Rss

I think in my pre-baby shopping for all the stuff I needed I happened to buy the scrachy type og nursing pads, and frankly they are giving me the pip (Rite-aid from coles). Which ones are the best? I have seen some reuseable cotton Avent pads- are these any good? Are disposables better?

Hi Belinda

I don't know if disposable are better, but they are the only ones I used. The Johnsons ones I found very comfy and didn't have to change them too often. I had a sample one I think it was Avent - they are folded in half in the pack, and they were so uncomfortable because they didn't unfold properly. Johnsons are not the cheapest, but worth it in my opinion. Good luck finding one that you like.

Leah smile
Hi,

I only used the disposable ones, J&J I found were quite good as they weren't scratchy and had a little sticky bit in order to keep them "in place".I think in those Bounty bags you get free you also get some samples of some.

Hpe this helps,

SJ
Hi Belinda,

i orginally used rite-aid as well and found the same thing so was told to buy pigeon, my suggestion from personal experience do NOT buy pigeon, the absorbant gel in these pads reacted with my nipples and caused them to blister and bleed. i ended up using Avent disposables, they are a bit thicker than some of the other ones available but were really soft and comfortable for me (obviously because my nipples were really sore) they were a bit more expensive but well worth it in my opinion.

I say the Johnson & Johnson disposable aswell. I was using them from 28 weeks as had alot of leaking before bub was even born.

Sasha & Willum my beautiful kiddies

I am using a mixture of J&J ones as well as Pigeon. I find the J&J ones are crap. They never stay in place and i dont think they are very absorbent. I have to change them too often. Pigeon are ok...not as good as they used to be two years ago when I was using them with DD#1. They stay in place and are absorbent but they are not very soft.

Just wondering where people have bought the Avent ones from?? Are they only available at the chemist?? I just buy mine from the supermarket and have never seen Avent there. I would like to give them a try.
[Edited on 21/04/2007]

Snugglepot and Cuddlepie!!

Altough I haven't used the Avent one, I have seen them in Target.

Sasha & Willum my beautiful kiddies

i could only find the Avent ones in the chemist.

Thanks heaps, we dont have Target in my town so I will try the chemist. I will check Target out when I go home to visit mum.

Snugglepot and Cuddlepie!!

I used the Avent washable ones. Very, very comfy and held quite a lot! I also used the Avent disposables, which were OK, but definitely the washable ones were much better.

I was nesschunky, sometimes I'm "Still AmyNicsMum"

i much preffer washable, i have tommee tippie ones which are great and some other brand that are so old i cant remember the brand but they were from the chemist and have been through 2 bubs and could probably go through a few more, washables seem to be more absorbent and more comfortable.
Hi Belinda,
I used the Pigeon pads they are double taped on them so they stay inplace better, and they are very soft they are a bit dearer I got them from big w i used to buy them as they are not in my town.

mummy to 1 Vic

Sign in to follow this topic