Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Food Processors Rss

I've been wanting a food processor for a long time now, and my mum has offered to buy me one for Christmas smile.
So I'm wondering if you can tell me what your favourite one is, what ones you don't like and maybe what and what not to look for in a food processor?

I have never used one, so have absolutely no idea what's good and what's not!
My advice stay away from the warehouse,k mart brands they are shocking.
I brought one from the warehouse to combine pastry and it went for a minute barely did anything and turned on when it felt like it lol.

I seen one on the ads that looked freaking cool and it did a few things and had a pasta making attatchement and blender and mincer probley cost a bomb though.

I've been looking at Tefal, Breville, those kind of brands.

I'd love one that does pasta making and mincing, but I'm pretty sure you're right - they would cost heaps, and I'm pretty sure it would be out of mums price range! So, just one with 2 or 3 different blades would do.

Thanks for your reply smile Does anyone else have any recommendations?
Athaye wrote:
I've been looking at Tefal, Breville, those kind of brands.

I'd love one that does pasta making and mincing, but I'm pretty sure you're right - they would cost heaps, and I'm pretty sure it would be out of mums price range! So, just one with 2 or 3 different blades would do.

Thanks for your reply smile Does anyone else have any recommendations?

No worries hun smile sorry I couldn't be more help.

Just bumping this up - I'd really like some suggestions smile
I have a breville one. I love it but i am a bit of a breville fan girl. No issues with it and have had it for about a year.

Do you know what model it is?
Mine is the Ikon Kitchen Wizz BFP650. There is a factory outlet in the city that sells most items at 20-50% off the standard price.
http://www.breville.com.au/food-preparation/foo...

TilG wrote:
Mine is the Ikon Kitchen Wizz BFP650. There is a factory outlet in the city that sells most items at 20-50% off the standard price.
http://www.breville.com.au/food-preparation/foo...

I was looking at that one, I thought it looked really good, but my husband said his work just bought one (he's a chef) and they weren't happy with it - it apparently was wobbly? And the blade spun quite slow. Do you find this happens with yours?

Tigress'n'Cub wrote:
I have a Sunbeam Oskar 400. It isn't huge, but is big enough. I have a dough blade, another that can either grate or slice & a chopping one. The only thing I don't like about it is that you have to have a separate bowl to catch the food that is sliced or grated. It doesn't go directly into the attached bowl. It is a bit messy. But hey, was under $100, serves its purpose well. Overall, very happy with it. smile

I don't usually go for Sunbeam, I've had so many products of there's break on me. How long have you had it for?
I have not noticed any issues with it but I dont use it that much. When i do have it on I am generally holding it so have not noticed if it wobbles. Might go home and put it on and step back to see. Blades seem pretty quick to me. So far it has done everything i have wanted.
Im not trying to sell it to anyone but it works for what i need.

Sign in to follow this topic