Huggies Forum

Shapewear... Lock Rss

I'm after some opinions on shapewear, as I'm thinking about getting some of the briefs so I can wear a pair of nice jeans I've got, that I haven't worn for ages, as my skin on my tummy has a little flabby bit (that I just can't get rid of), and it is really noticeable when wearing these jeans.

Has anybody worn shapewear before? If you have, what did you think of it? Did it work, make you look weird, feel uncomfortable?
And are there any brands you would recommend?

Hopefully someone can help me out her. smile
I wear it quite often. Can be a little uncomfortable until you get used to it. Personally I dont like the briefs. I find they roll too easily or create a lumpy bit up a bit higher. If they are the ones that go up really high the give you a lump on your back between your bra & the top of them.
I really like the singlets. to me they are more comfortable to wear & they go down below your hips so they suck in all the way down your torso including that lower belly flab all us mummies hate.
I dont know the actual brands I have. But I didnt go for real expensive ones. Make sure they are not too soft & stretchy. they should be pretty firm if you try to stretch them out with your hands so you know they will hold it all in!

StrawberryTimTam wrote:
I wear it quite often. Can be a little uncomfortable until you get used to it. Personally I dont like the briefs. I find they roll too easily or create a lumpy bit up a bit higher. If they are the ones that go up really high the give you a lump on your back between your bra & the top of them.
I really like the singlets. to me they are more comfortable to wear & they go down below your hips so they suck in all the way down your torso including that lower belly flab all us mummies hate.
I dont know the actual brands I have. But I didnt go for real expensive ones. Make sure they are not too soft & stretchy. they should be pretty firm if you try to stretch them out with your hands so you know they will hold it all in!

Thank you so much for your reply - you were very helpful smile
I didn't even think of singlet type ones - will have to go google them now.

About the firmess - do you buy the same size shapewear as you would usually buy in other underwear, or do you buy smaller?
I would say same size but try them on to be sure they fit well. If you go too small you will get more lumps & bumps around the outside of them & too big & they wont do their job well enough. maybe go to a good underwear store & get the staff to help then when you know the brand you want & size you could always tell them you'll be back to buy another day but go home & compare prices online.

StrawberryTimTam wrote:
I would say same size but try them on to be sure they fit well. If you go too small you will get more lumps & bumps around the outside of them & too big & they wont do their job well enough. maybe go to a good underwear store & get the staff to help then when you know the brand you want & size you could always tell them you'll be back to buy another day but go home & compare prices online.

Ok thanks.
I was hoping to go shopping for one tomorrow (well, to try some one anyway), hopefully I can find what I'm looking for!
Sign in to follow this topic