Huggies Forum

Bugaboo Donkey Duo Lock Rss

Hi there,

Just wanting to canvas your opinions on the Donkey Duo.

I have a small sedan and am wondering how will it fit in the car?

Will I be able to leave the two chairs in (or one chair and the bassinet) and fold it up and fit it in somehow... Or is this a pipe dream that requires an SUV?!

Also any info on the travel systems would be fantastico.

xx

Hi there,

Just wanting to canvas your opinions on the Donkey Duo.

I have a small sedan and am wondering how will it fit in the car?

Will I be able to leave the two chairs in (or one chair and the bassinet) and fold it up and fit it in somehow... Or is this a pipe dream that requires an SUV?!

Also any info on the travel systems would be fantastico.

xx

Hi, I test 'drove' the donkey at the recent baby & toddler show and it was awesome. I have a Chameleon, so I'm a lover of bugaboo already. As for fitting in your car, I'd suggest going to a store that stocks it and asking them to let you test its fit in your car. Most places are happy to do this in the hope to sell one to you!

Hi, I test 'drove' the donkey at the recent baby & toddler show and it was awesome. I have a Chameleon, so I'm a lover of bugaboo already. As for fitting in your car, I'd suggest going to a store that stocks it and asking them to let you test its fit in your car. Most places are happy to do this in the hope to sell one to you!

Thanks MP!

I ended up buying one about three weeks ago. I love it!

I do have to take the seat off and put the chassis in the car separately, but I figure I was doing that with my old stroller when it was in the bassinet configuration anyway, and it doesn't seem to bother me too much. It is very smooth, and the basket at the side makes walking to Woollies and doing the groceries quite easy!

It's only a shame that the accessories are also expensive. If anyone else is thinking of getting one, I think I should have got the black base instead of the sand because when I lay the seat on the chassis and wheels to fit it in my (small) boot, it occasionally leaves black tyre marks. Other than that, get one and take advantage of their 3 year warranty. DH is still dreaming about the Mountain Buggy Duet - though he has come round to the idea of the donkey since we took it 'offroad' on the beach!
Oh, btw it doesn't have a travel bag yet so I had to buy another brand that fit it. That was a bit annoying!
Just an info update for those curious... It's a shame that you have to rest the chassis on the road or footpath when you are taking it in and out of the car. The plastic has suffered a couple of scratches and nicks here and there since we bought it because I lift the chassis out of the car and put it on the road where I release the catch to open it up.

I am expecting in June/July and think I will really struggle with two kids because atm the chassis and one seat fits in the boot of the sedan... Not sure how the bassinet and the seat for DD will go... Especially seeings as the back seat will be full with two baby seats.

We had a bit of a nosy at some small SUVs today and if you have an X Trail or similar you will be laughing, no dramas. Even the Tiggy was a tight fit for it though (we tried it in a few different dealerships, like complete goobers).

All in all still happy though, not sure there is one pram that really does everything you want!
Can I ask what kind of small sadan your car is? my mum has a toyota Carolla and I am wondering if it will fit in her boot.
Sign in to follow this topic