Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. Reviews
  5. does anyone own a Bugaboo Donkey?

does anyone own a Bugaboo Donkey? Rss

I am looking for real life reviews of the bugaboo donkey!

I love them and am looking into getting one for our second child but would despareately like some real life experence reviews!!!!

please anyone?

[img]http://www.pregnology.com/preggoticker120/777

sad

I have a Bugaboo Bee... I know that doesn't really help you, But I love mine its easy to fold with one hand and I can lift it into the boot with one hand and a bad back.

The only thing I have heard about the Donkey is that when you extend it out sidewards it doesn't fit through standard door frames and aisles at the stores. And the only problem with the Bee is that if Bub is asleep and the back is fully reclined you can't get into the basket. Also just check what you get for what price as alot of the attachments, canopies etc are all additional add ons and costs.

Hope that helped a little smile
Hi, I have one. It's great. It fits through most doorways - even those that I think it won't fit through. It also fits on the train and through the wide gate at the station (I'm in Sydney). It is wide but I like having both kids in front of me vs one on top of the other.

It turns so easily, on itself if you know what I mean, if I'm in a lift, I can rotate it without having to go back and forth. I can also push it with one hand with both kids in it. It takes up the whole boot (but we have a 4WD) although I can fit things around it I have a 12 week old and a 22 month old (and a 4 yr old who walks). It's pricey but I think its worth it. I also like how I can just have the one pram in the car so if I only have the baby then I use it in single mode.

I guess the only thing I don't like is that you can't do a single fold (I used to use a single mountain buggy urban elite). It just takes a bit longer to get everything into the car but I don't think there is a perfect double pram!

Happy to answer any other questions you may have.

Hi, I have one. It's great. It fits through most doorways - even those that I think it won't fit through. It also fits on the train and through the wide gate at the station (I'm in Sydney). It is wide but I like having both kids in front of me vs one on top of the other.

It turns so easily, on itself if you know what I mean, if I'm in a lift, I can rotate it without having to go back and forth. I can also push it with one hand with both kids in it. It takes up the whole boot (but we have a 4WD) although I can fit things around it I have a 12 week old and a 22 month old (and a 4 yr old who walks). It's pricey but I think its worth it. I also like how I can just have the one pram in the car so if I only have the baby then I use it in single mode.

I guess the only thing I don't like is that you can't do a single fold (I used to use a single mountain buggy urban elite). It just takes a bit longer to get everything into the car but I don't think there is a perfect double pram!

Happy to answer any other questions you may have.

YAY thank you so much i am due to have no 2 in aug and my daughter is 18 months odl so she will just be 2 when baby is born. i currently have the exact same mountain buggy and LOVE it i am tossing up between keeping the MB and just having the single (if i can get away with it) and getting the Donkey as we will probably have at least another bub after number 2.

i think the folding size is my biggest concern. by single fold do you mean the one movement to fold the whole pram. the mountain buggy is quite flat and still quite large in areas if you know what i mean?

i am not far out of sydney and we do go into the city regualarly for outings and shopping so that train info is good to know.

do you fold the donkey with the seats on or off? and do you use it in single mode with the shopping basket? how would you rate the 2 baskets?

sorry i am so excited and full of questions. i really appreciate all your comments grin thanks

Hi there,

We just bought our Bugaboo Donkey yesterday, and have only used it in mono mode as we are expecting in Feb, so I can only comment on a couple of things.

First, we have a compact 4wd and the donkey only fits with the seat and basket off. The seat is long and has a solid frame, so that is actually the trickiest bit to fit in the car. Not sure how the bassinet will fit in... may have to put it in the back seat.

The frame takes 2 actions to fold down (see demo video on bugaboo website) after the seat + basket is removed - folding the handle, then folding the front wheels in. That said, the front wheels also have to be locked in place frontwards. Even though there are lots of bits to put on and take off (especially compared with our Bee!) they connect and disconnect so easily its not a hassle (yet!). And I can get it the boot while 7 mths pregnant!

Am a bit worried about getting marks on the sand coloured base fabric as I have found it easiest to lie the seat across the rear of the boot leaning on the wheels. I'll have to put cloth or blanket over the wheels.

As someone else says, if you are used to a smaller pram it feels like you might not make it through a gap, but we've fitted everywhere so far. Mono mode is the same as the Cameleon in width, and is the same or slightly narrower than other large single prams, and not as long.

The pram is really light to push and the basket is really handy for shopping and for my toddler to put his toys in. I can put my handbag in the back of the basket and he can't really reach that part so its safe from being rearranged!

I really enjoy this pram, and the downsides of fitting it in the boot are far outweighed by the positives so far.
I have a Bugaboo Donkey Duo, purchased in USA in July 2011. I previously had the Cameleon also purchased in the USA.

Loved the Cameleon, But love the Donkey even more.

This is definitely well worth the money. My babies are 16 months old and 4 months old. It fits into my VW Golf folded into Mono Mode with the seats lying across the top, I can even get grocery bags in there as well smile

I didn't use the bassinet, just put the seat into fully recline with a blanket in it to eliminate the curvature issue with a newborn.

Jack loves to be able to look at his baby sister and now Zoë is sitting up she loves looking about in it. He likes to pull back the canopy so he can see her riding next to him, he even holds her hand....too cute!

They are so easy to turn one handed with both babies on board, and as one of the other ladies wrote you can fit into a very small elevator and turn easily to get back out. I purchased the wheeled board and adapter, the maxi cosi carseat attachment, 2 Silver sunshades (these are awesome) and the seatliners, Organiser Bag and are purchasing the new snack trays as well......Maybe a little obsessed, but I cannot say how fantastic it is.

I would highly recommend the Donkey to anyone thinking of purchasing one.

No problems with fitting through spaces...aisles etc although places like Pumpkin Patch and Farmers need to sort the width of their aisles out.... wink

This stroller certainly gets alot of looks from passersby and lots of people stop you and ask questions, even wanting to push it.....LOL

If you afford it, go for it you will not regret it. grin

when i first purchased this buggy it wasnt about how great it looked,i had to make sure my disabled son was going to be comfortable in it
it was a great buggy untill recently when i was shopping in town i had put my brake on walked 2 inches away from the buggy,heard a bang i turned around and my 3 month old baby was laying face down on the pavement and my 3 yr old disabled son was on his bk in his buggy,as the buggy had tipped upside down and coz my daughter was in her carry cot she came out had to take my kids to hospital the baby had suspected broken arms but lucky enough this time,she walked away with a bruised body swallen face and bruses on hes check and head,unforytunatly mothercare have done nothing to help me with my case neither have bugaboo they are taking my buggy for a investigation but to be honest who would pay all that money to get the treatment ive had they say if they cant find anything wrong with it that i shall just have my buiggy reposted out to me Y WOULD I TRUST THIS BUGGY AGAIN IF ANYONE HAS HAD THE SAME THING PLS GET IN CONTACT WITH ME
also they say the wheels should hardly go down im pumping mine up every 2 weeks and my sons seat is very hard to lay down and to transform the buggy from mono to duo is so stiff
my buggy wasnt like this when first brought and is only 2 and a half months old so shouldnt be having problems already

i hope this helps you all

Less
Rugrats
@rugrats3333
Sign in to follow this topic