Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. Reviews
  5. nappies leaking...? annoyed

nappies leaking...? annoyed Rss

i think there was a topic similar to this a little while ago but i couldnt find it..so sorry if i repeat.

ive used huggies nappies for most of my time as a mum, have tried a few other brands and re-usable etc..but just couldnt beat huggies.
until now.. i bought a new box yesterday of boys toddler size nappies, when i got one out i said to DH 'is it just me or do these feel thin to you?' normally they feel a bit thicker..meh all good prob just me being silly...put one on DS the same as always, for the night. he has 2 nappies leak over night...seriously that hasn't happened EVER, even with the other brands. today i went through 6 nappies with him its normally 4, both the 2 'extras' were due to leakage.

huggies whats happened im not impressed!
hey, in the other post, they came to the conclusion that it was only happening to the boy's. they then concluded that it was because the "doodle" was facing upwards when the nappy was put on. they found that it didnt leak when the "doodle" was facing down.

hopefully thats the answer, because i've just brought a newborn box.
i use the coles brand "comfy bots" or what ever it is for my son and have no problems, but they dont have newborn so i'm going to try huggies

Ive been using the girls toddler size (huggies of course wink ) and while they dont leak, her clothes smell like her wee when it's not even full!

Hopefully they get better again!
Sorry not directly related, but I haven't used Huggies for years - instead I use Snugglers and they hardly EVER leak - only if they've been on for too long (like big big wees overnight).
They're made by Kimberley-Clarke, same as Huggies, so similar good quality, just a cheaper option.

Might be an option for you to try?

My mum has huggies at her place and I've used them on DD a couple of times and I just don't like the 'new' shape! Plus they're a really small fit.. I like nappies to be a tad big and not a struggle to do up (my two in nappies are both in Junior size).

Hi, I just recently change my nappies to Huggies because my friends always promote me that huggies is the best nappies. I've always used "baby love" nappies before, and its leak sometimes, when I change to Huggies, its works better, but I'm quite surprise its suddenly leak 1 time, but maybe Like "Manda-n-Ross" mention,its because of "the doodles" facing up, so every time I change my DS nappies, I put his doodles down tongue

hey, in the other post, they came to the conclusion that it was only happening to the boy's. they then concluded that it was because the "doodle" was facing upwards when the nappy was put on. they found that it didnt leak when the "doodle" was facing down.

hopefully thats the answer, because i've just brought a newborn box.
i use the coles brand "comfy bots" or what ever it is for my son and have no problems, but they dont have newborn so i'm going to try huggies

nope..doodle is down, always down (learnt that issue very early on when DS was a newbie lol) im using the same size as the last box and he hasnt had a growth spurt, they seem to fit him the same as the last ones i bought but the actual nappy feels thin and again leakage this morning. im very annoyed ill finish this box and try another brand again theres a few new ones out i havnt tried yet. just wondering if the girls ones are doing this too? my DD is TT (mostly) and we only use pull ups to go to the shops so im just curious..maybe i got a bad batch or something. he not having extra fluids either so im stumped
this totally sounds like me! lol! i posted on here the other day about the same thing. My little one is in crawler size and had the same problem, and they did feel thinner. Kept leaking. He is a boy, and its always pointing down.

I had a couple of nappies from the previous bag, same size and tried them - no leaking. I called huggies and they said nothing changed, only thing they could say was maybe their machine pressed the material too much. You should call them. They are sending out a free replacement.
not that I really know anything about this as my baby is yet to arrive but I have been warned by a friend about the big bulk boxes you can buy sometimes that are parallel imported from vietnam, and not made in Australia or NZ like the smaller packets so are essentially a different product... Not sure if this is the case with the ones you got or not but maybe?

You should call them. They are sending out a free replacement.

thats a good idea
I'm having the same problem with the girls crawlers. Sometimes the nappy has only been on for 2 hours and it has leaked through. Have also found that the nappies are so much smaller. They are so tight on bubs and she's only 7.5kg when it should last her to 11kg.

Have also found that the nappies are so much smaller. They are so tight on bubs and she's only 7.5kg when it should last her to 11kg.

Ive noticed that too! DD2's 9 kg, yet the toddler size (10-15kg) is getting too tight huh DD1 was abit like that too but not quite as much. I just thought my kids were out of proportion laugh blink
lol, i wondered that too! the smaller sizes just never seemed to fit right around the waist. i think the weights are just a guide. i have had my son in crawler size (6 to 11kg) for a long time and he is only just over 6kg. They seem to have been the right fit and good absorbency and having the nappy go so far up his back has avoided any of these "explosion disasters" people sometimes talk about grin
Sign in to follow this topic