Huggies Forum

Mountain Buggy Webshop Lock Rss

I have always raved about my Mountain Buggies (I have a single and a twin), but man I've had the worst experience over the last couple of weeks that I can barely look at them, let alone go for a walk. No replies necessary, but I just feel the need to tell everyone I meet because I am so shocked by the whole episode!

I needed a new seat for my MB Urban because the original one has been slashed by something falling on it in the garage. I went online to the MB webshop and discovered that they had a very limited range of pre 2010 (when Phil and Teds took over and changed the design a bit) seats and none in my colour. So I looked to see what colour I could replace my seat and hood with so they matched. No options. I did some research and I could do a retrofit with the new seat and an old hood in matching colours but it wouldn't be a colour I loved. One of their employees told me I could get one if I got a friend in Europe to log on to the shop and order from there as they had my colour in stock in the Netherlands. I was shocked she didn't offer to get it here for me, but I said OK. My friend had trouble accessing the site but eventually she did and we placed the order to be sent to my Australian address. Yey! Success.

Or so I thought. The webshop manager (based in NZ) emails and tells me I can't have it sent to me as they do not ship across "market borders". I explained that someone at MB had told me to do it and that it is not actually across market borders if there aren't any available in Australia. The internet is international and I buy from overseas all the time. I also pointed out that their website accepted my address, money and put the order through and I'd really like the product I have paid for.

She emailed me and said my options were to cancel or change the address to one in Europe and get it forwarded from there. I told her no that wasn't acceptable and could I please speak to someone above her. She sent me an email telling me she had cancelled the order! Apparently she is in charge. I have now tried contacting someone above her but it is so difficult.

She's made me so angry, I don't even care if I get the seat. I just want to take it further!

I am so disappointed.
I love mountain buggy also but before you buy make sure to checkout Only Jogging Strollers for the latest reviews. I hope this helps.
I Won the battle. They sent it last week. Yey! me!
Wow that's crazy! I'm glad it's all been resolved though!

I recently won a Mountain Buggy 2010 Urban Jungle pram and Carrycot from signing up to the Karicare website! MB called me and congratulated me too which I thought was really cool!

I've listed the pram on eBay and have 18 people watching the pram and 11 watching the carrycot and such a BIG part of me is hoping it doesn't sell. The money would be awesome, but the pram is SO amazing!!
I am going through the same thing. Our rear tires keep wearing after very limited use. FRUSTRATING. Any tips?

I have always raved about my Mountain Buggies (I have a single and a twin), but man I've had the worst experience over the last couple of weeks that I can barely look at them, let alone go for a walk. No replies necessary, but I just feel the need to tell everyone I meet because I am so shocked by the whole episode!

I needed a new seat for my MB Urban because the original one has been slashed by something falling on it in the garage. I went online to the MB webshop and discovered that they had a very limited range of pre 2010 (when Phil and Teds took over and changed the design a bit) seats and none in my colour. So I looked to see what colour I could replace my seat and hood with so they matched. No options. I did some research and I could do a retrofit with the new seat and an old hood in matching colours but it wouldn't be a colour I loved. One of their employees told me I could get one if I got a friend in Europe to log on to the shop and order from there as they had my colour in stock in the Netherlands. I was shocked she didn't offer to get it here for me, but I said OK. My friend had trouble accessing the site but eventually she did and we placed the order to be sent to my Australian address. Yey! Success.

Or so I thought. The webshop manager (based in NZ) emails and tells me I can't have it sent to me as they do not ship across "market borders". I explained that someone at MB had told me to do it and that it is not actually across market borders if there aren't any available in Australia. The internet is international and I buy from overseas all the time. I also pointed out that their website accepted my address, money and put the order through and I'd really like the product I have paid for.

She emailed me and said my options were to cancel or change the address to one in Europe and get it forwarded from there. I told her no that wasn't acceptable and could I please speak to someone above her. She sent me an email telling me she had cancelled the order! Apparently she is in charge. I have now tried contacting someone above her but it is so difficult.

She's made me so angry, I don't even care if I get the seat. I just want to take it further!

I am so disappointed.
Sign in to follow this topic