Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. Reviews
  5. Phil and Teds vs Mountain Buggy

Phil and Teds vs Mountain Buggy Lock Rss

We have been checking out the various buggy options and have narrowed it down to Phil and Teds Explorer or Mountain Buggy Urban Jungle. They both have pros and cons, so I would love to know other mum's views on these brands.
Phil and Teds are pricy but budget, I lot of my friends have them and they have all broken or have really bad wear and tear for the short time they have owned them. HOWEVER if you are having more than one kid they are good as you can add on.

I have Mountain Buggy Urban Jungle, It is great we also got the baby cot for it as we live in a two storey house it was super haddy to leave bubs sleeping in down stairs and when you go out walking you dont have to harness them in.

My vote would be for Mountain Buggy of course but if you plan on having another bebe soon I would go for Phil and ted for the extras.

Phil and Teds are pricy but budget, I lot of my friends have them and they have all broken or have really bad wear and tear for the short time they have owned them. HOWEVER if you are having more than one kid they are good as you can add on.

I have Mountain Buggy Urban Jungle, It is great we also got the baby cot for it as we live in a two storey house it was super haddy to leave bubs sleeping in down stairs and when you go out walking you dont have to harness them in.

My vote would be for Mountain Buggy of course but if you plan on having another bebe soon I would go for Phil and ted for the extras.
Thanks for that - really useful info! I have heard that the toddler in the Phil and Teds toddler seat can cause the buggy to unbalance because they are always trying to look out the side. It is beginning to sound like Mountain buggy is the best option.

Thanks for that - really useful info! I have heard that the toddler in the Phil and Teds toddler seat can cause the buggy to unbalance because they are always trying to look out the side. It is beginning to sound like Mountain buggy is the best option.

WOW I havent heard about that, Really glad I got a MOuntain Buggy NOW
I bought the Phil & Ted Explorer a few months ago and am horribly disappointed. When I bought it the hood was faulty, so where I bought it put in an order to Phil & Ted. I am still awaiting a replacement. The tires have blown out and the rims are damaged. The lock to open the stroller is very hard to release and takes some time and is very frustrating. All of this has been told to Phil & Ted mind you, who were supposed to call me back, but I am still waiting.

All in all I would NOT recommend this pram or any Phil & Ted product to anyone, and I am very sorry that I wasted all that money on a faulty product.
We were looking at the same prams as you and the lady at the store told us that Phil n Ted have gone broke and that Mountain Buggy have bought them out- and that Mountain Buggy were a much better pram smile We ended up getting the mountain buggy swift as its a little smaller than the urban jungle and it came with a carry cot ( part of the special at the time)

I tested both prams and phil n ted was awkward to push and moutain buggy was soooooo easy, i could push with 1 hand!

They also told us that mountain buggy have bought out attachments and seats etc for 2nd child and that they are in other countries but they dont meet Australian Standards just yet but she said by the time we have our 2nd child (we are going to have them close together) there will be something here in Australia by Mountain Buggy like a toddler seat.....
on the consumer website they recommend the mountain buggy smile

I don't have either but my best friend has a mountain buggy and she loves it.
I would have gotten one but the only reason I didn't was because they are a little bit heavier than the brand that I choose (baby jogger) and don't fold as small (I live down lots of stairs and have a small car)

on the consumer website they recommend the mountain buggy smile

I don't have either but my best friend has a mountain buggy and she loves it.
I would have gotten one but the only reason I didn't was because they are a little bit heavier than the brand that I choose (baby jogger) and don't fold as small (I live down lots of stairs and have a small car)

Hi All,

Very interested in this topic!! We are going through the same decisions at the moment. We live on a farm so there is lots of mud, gravel and we are eventers (horse riders who compete in dressage, cross country and showjumping)so the pram will be put around cross country course too!! So I think it is fair to say that it is going to be used and abused so needs to be tough. One of our friends have also suggested looking at the baby jogger??

So from this looks like Phil and Teds is out and it is between mountain buggy and baby jogger....any opinions?

Thanks!
I have the phil and teds vibe which i LOVE. I haven't had any problems with it. I'm also sure they haven't gone broke as they have just brought out a new pram the verve. I bought phil and teds because the car capsule can be clicked in to the pram so bubs doesn't wake up when transferring them from the car to pram.

I think mountain buggy would be best for mud. I have a friend who trashes hers and it's still working great. The fact that they are bringing out the extension for an extra kid is fantastic as that is what put me off buying one.

I've got the Phil and Ted sport (not too sure if they still make it) and I haven't had a problem with it at all.

I also have the phil and ted sport and love it. I even lent mine to a friend when she went to the coast and she has now purchased herself one as well as she loved mine that much.

Its a shame that the expolorer doesnt sound to be as good.

Hi All,

Very interested in this topic!! We are going through the same decisions at the moment. We live on a farm so there is lots of mud, gravel and we are eventers (horse riders who compete in dressage, cross country and showjumping)so the pram will be put around cross country course too!! So I think it is fair to say that it is going to be used and abused so needs to be tough. One of our friends have also suggested looking at the baby jogger??

So from this looks like Phil and Teds is out and it is between mountain buggy and baby jogger....any opinions?

Thanks!

heehee I haven't had a chance to try my baby jogger out yet! Will report back once bubs arrives! I made dp pull it out of the box the other day and put it together- Only bad thing I can see now is you can't adjust the height or angle of the handle. its right for me but a bit too low for dp.
Have you thought about a front pack maybe while cross country? My parents live rural and I got a front pack for this reason. cause I wanted to keep my buggy clean lol!!!!!
Sign in to follow this topic