Huggies Forum

Steelcraft Strider Prams Lock Rss

I am looking at getting a new pram! I really like the Steelcraft Striders or Cruisers but am just concerned about fitting through shops & asiles etc also are they good for all terrain?

I have been looking at ebay and they have sooooo many striders for sale so then it makes me wonder.....are they really that good?? Why are there so many for sale! Just a thought thats all.

How are with a toddler? Do they have enough room height wise?

Would love to hear your thoughts and experiences

Thank you smile
A few words,

Heavy, heavy to steer also, seat not large (which is ok if Baby/toddler not large), awkward to fold and load into the car and W I D E.

Not a fan.

I am looking at getting a new pram! I really like the Steelcraft Striders or Cruisers but am just concerned about fitting through shops & asiles etc also are they good for all terrain?

I have been looking at ebay and they have sooooo many striders for sale so then it makes me wonder.....are they really that good?? Why are there so many for sale! Just a thought thats all.

How are with a toddler? Do they have enough room height wise?

Would love to hear your thoughts and experiences

Thank you smile

I have the Strider plus and I love it. I sometimes have the 2nd seat attached. It is a breeze to push and I can do it with 1 hand. It's not that heavy to lift compared to other pram I have had and it fits nicely into my boot even witht he extra seat on it. My 4yr old fits comfortably in the main seat and so does my 2 yr old. It is wide but most the shops at my shopping centre are getting all wide checkouts in so it's not a problem.
I also love my strider plus, and think its great. My four month old baby just loves it and has no worries falling asleep in it, they are so comfortable looking, very plush for bubs. It is a tad on the weighty side however i find it really easy to maneuver and can push it with one hand also. Bust pram out i think.
we love our strider. its lighter than our smaller stroller. yes it is a little wider than alot of prams but most shops allow for this now. I find it so easy to push. Ive taken it on sand gravel and grass and all are easy to push it on, I wouldnt change my pram for anything

we love our strider. its lighter than our smaller stroller. yes it is a little wider than alot of prams but most shops allow for this now. I find it so easy to push. Ive taken it on sand gravel and grass and all are easy to push it on, I wouldnt change my pram for anything

Not even KMart has aisles wide enough here. Disgusting I say! I even have trouble with my Mclaren!! I don't like the feel of the wheels on the strider and struggle with getting it into the car.

I have had and have a range of prams. I grade them like this:

*Mountain Buggy is best for walking all terrain. Both double and single.
*Maclaren is best for shopping. Both Double and single.
*Mutsy spider is good for folding, car and travel as it bags up and travels as regular luggage not oversized baggage (I don't take a pram to the gate) and takes a 20kg child. Unfortunately is almost as wide as Strider and same wheel feel.
*Strider. As above.
*Quicksmart. Tiny and wont cater for large toddlers.
*Phil & Teds - Just yuck. Drives like a truck, tires awful seats to 15kg. Kid behind can't see. Very long wheel base for going through doors. It will just fit through our Kmart though!!

I wish MB had some other options. They are my favourite.
Oh and I've read on other forums that they have some quality issues and that there is a part that fails in double mode making them unstable on uneven surfaces.

I'll post the link if I can find it. It was about 6 months ago, so it may be fixed and I didn't have the problem, but my cousin did. It took 6 weeks to get replacement part, so I looked it up to see if it was common.

Everyone here seems to love it though... want mine?
Looks like you either love them or hate them!!
Im a lover smile

Just thought I'd let you know that the Strider Plus 4 is only 70cm wide, 2cm wider then the P&T Sport, and it does fit through a standard doorway and through the checkouts at supermarkets etc. I was told when buying the pram that the 3wheeler is about 10cm wider.
Of course going into little specialty shops there is the occasional issue, but lots are quite happy to mind the pram while you look about.
Hi All,

Thank you all so much for your advice & opinions, I really appreciate it.

'kmart88' thank you for that little info about the 3 wheelers being 10cm wider than the 4 wheelers that it very helpful to know.

Have a great day smile
Sign in to follow this topic