Huggies Forum

Avent BPA free bottles Rss

I have recently purchased 10x260ml and 7x 125ml avent BPA bottles and noticed that the 260ml bottles are hard to closed properly and leaks sometimes it takes like 6 times to get it to close without leaking. i have always used avent and never had any problems and when i compare it with the old bottles i noticed that when the ring and the bottle screw together its different compare to the old one the old bottle had 2 lines where the new one has 3. I only bought the 125m yesterday so lets see if i have the same problem.

Does anyone else have this problem with the bottles?

I have the same problem with the Avent bottles too sometimes, but I figured out what to do and it usually works! When you go to screw the ring on, twist it anti-clockwise first...it usually takes 2/3 revolutions, it goes clunk, clunk, clunk ( like the ring is bumping over the lines) and then tighten it clockwise.

Hope I've explained that properly.....it works for me!

www.nutrimetics.com.au/sineadfraser

I had the same issue, and called Avent to complain in pure frustration after I googled and found many others were complaining on forums about the leaking. Apparantly there was a problem, it's been quite a serious complaint for them and they were really apologetic and are replacing my bottles. Call them on 1300 364 474 and lodge a complaint.

I had the same issue, and called Avent to complain in pure frustration after I googled and found many others were complaining on forums about the leaking. Apparantly there was a problem, it's been quite a serious complaint for them and they were really apologetic and are replacing my bottles. Call them on 1300 364 474 and lodge a complaint.

Thanks for that, I thought it was just me and I wasnt fastening them properly! I will call them now and ask them to replace mine also.
I used Avent with my first baby because they were recommended to me. I emailed Avent because they were sometimes leaking everywhere, and sometimes fine. They told me if they were too tight or too loose they'd leak. I bought some BPA free Avent with 2nd baby and then remembered how painful Avent could be. Its maddening! Sold them on ebay and bought some new BPA free ones called BORN FREE. Highly rated on some bottle reviews overseas and now Toys-R-Us has them! I've been SO HAPPY with them! Similar anti-cholic action as the Avent but they NEVER LEAK. They have a valve inside that u need to also wash but its so worth it! I'd highly recommend these!
Sign in to follow this topic