Huggies Forum

Gourmet pizza toppings Lock Rss

DH and DD who are very plain eaters will be away on Saturday night. As it will just be bubs and I I've decided to cook home made pizza. Whenever I do it with DH it's always just ham, cheese & pineapple (boring!).

So hit me with your ideas - what would you put on yours? I'm thinking just a few ingredients so it's not overloaded. Maybe boccincini (sp?) with something?
Chicken, cranberry sauce and camembert(sp)

http://decadent-delights1.webnode.com/blog/
My blog, take a peek into my world

DH and DD who are very plain eaters will be away on Saturday night. As it will just be bubs and I I've decided to cook home made pizza. Whenever I do it with DH it's always just ham, cheese & pineapple (boring!).

So hit me with your ideas - what would you put on yours? I'm thinking just a few ingredients so it's not overloaded. Maybe boccincini (sp?) with something?

We do one with

Ham
Sun dried tomatoes
Kalamata Olives
Finely sliced onion

and just found a new one

Roasted pumpkin
Fetta
Basil
Pine nuts

Roast the sliced pumpkin first for 10 mins (season with salt & pepper & drizzle with olive oil before roasting)

Toast the pine nuts lightly

Put pizza sauce on the pizza base, sprinkle lightly with pizza cheese, put on roast pumpkin pieces, basil & fetta and pine nuts and another very light sprinkle of cheese on, once cooked put on fresh baby spinach leaves - delish smile
YUM

has anyone tried the pizza bases that they make at bakers delight?

are they really thick or kinda like 'traditional' style?
i was on a no/low fat diet (till i had my gall bladder out) and i used to make my own pizza by using a tortia for the base, pizza sauce (which i made myself) and i would top it with baby spinich leaves and mushrooms. now i add just a light sprinkle of cheese and sundried tomatoes and olives are nice on it too. or a bit of perccuto would be nice. i also think fetta would be yum but now sure if thats wise when preg. i like things spicy so id also add either some jelepinos or tabasco sauce smile

Mum to 3 boys

oh and i just cook it under the grill so its so easy! wink

Mum to 3 boys

love prioscuitto and gprgonzola.
or tandoori chicken and minted yoghurt sauce
Sign in to follow this topic