Huggies Forum

Ice cream cone cupcakes Rss

I made these this afternoon for the kids, the kids love them and they gave me the opportunity to make a real mess hahaha.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2nta9sl.jpg

Mum to Ashleey 4 and Tristan 2 !

They look great! How did you make them?

Yummy!!! That icing looks delish! I could fill up a cone with just the icing and eat it with a spoon smile
I love making cupcakes in ice-cream cones but mine never turn out as nicely as yours...

xoxo
yum!! howd you make them?
Thanks everyone grin The kids loved them and so have the neighbours haha, so I might have to add them to the weekly menu!

The ice cream cones act as the patty pan for the cupcakes, so I just used the standard cupcake recipe and filled the cupcakes till half full. Then baked them. Just make sure you put them into muffin cupcake pans to cook in the oven so that they have less chance of falling over grin

They came out good enough for the kids for the first attempt at them.

I used the following cupcake recipe and just the standard ice cream cones from the supermarket.

Cup cakes

100grams butter 1 1/3 cup SR flour
2/3 cup caster sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla essence ½ teaspoon bi carb
2 eggs, lightly beaten ½ cup milk

Preheat oven to 180 degrees

Cream butter, sugar and vanilla essence until light and creamy. Gradually add eggs till just combined.

Sift flour, and bi carb. Add to creamed mixture with milk, Stir until well combined.

Spoon into muffin pans and cook for approx 20 minutes or until skewer comes out clean. ( or in this case fill ice cream cone to just above half )

I used normal buttercream icing ontop of them to decorate.

Mez, i keep telling you that you are a bloody marvel, now if only some samples would find their way in the post addressed to me, life would be a dream!
So you actually bake them IN the icecream cones? Wow - that would never have occured to me! They look cool smile
LMAO, Ricki, I think the buttercream would be all melted by the time they reach your place! But hey maybe we could try cold storage shipping or something??? Hmmmmmm hehe

so the ice cream cones go in the oven, wouldnt they go all crunchy or yucky

Yes you do bake the cupcake batter in the cones.

Lildilberry - I thought they would go all yucky aswell, but they cooked up beautiful. No burning at all and not stale tasting either.

grin

mmm i'm gonna make some on the weekend

Yeah give them a go, and have fun decorating them grin grin grin

Sign in to follow this topic