Huggies Forum

Banana Bread recipe Rss

Hi does anybody have the recipe for banana bread? I have looked in my recipe books, but no recipe for banana bread. i want to make it from scratch, not from a packet. Cheers! smile
Melted butter to grease laof tin
1 3/4 cups SR flour
1/4 cup plain flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2/3 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
3 1/2 tbls melted cooled butter
2 eggs lightly beaten
2 over ripe bananas, mashed

Pre heat oven 180 degrees and brush loaf tin with melted butter. Sift combined flours and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir in sugar and make a well in the centre.
In a separate bowl place milk, eggs, melted butter and banana and stir well until combined. Add banana mixture to flour mixture and stir until just combine. Spoon mixture into loaf tin.
Bake for 45 -50 minutes or until a skewer instered comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool for five minutes then turn out onto a wire rack. You can freeze this for one month in an air tight containter.
I've made this a couple of times and it's yummy, easy and relatively healthy. I got the recipe from Taste.com if you want to print out the recipe.

Banana & sultana bread

Preparation Time 20 minutes

Cooking Time 40 minutes

Makes 1 loaf

Ingredients
2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
3/4 cup (125g) sultanas
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup (250ml) reduced fat milk
1 cup mashed banana (about 2 large ripe bananas)
Method
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line the base and sides of a 23cm x 13cm loaf pan with non-stick baking paper.
Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir in sugar and sultanas.
Combine eggs, milk and bananas in a large jug. Whisk with a fork, until well combined. Using a large metal spoon, stir egg mixture into dry ingredients, until well combined.
Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely. Slice and serve lightly buttered, or toasted.
Notes & tips
Tip: If you have over-ripe bananas that no-one will eat, pop them into the freezer. They're perfect for making this bread.

this is not my recipe but is absolutely delish. got it from bestrecipes.com.au

Best Ever Banana Cake

Preparation time: 15 minutes or less

Ingredients

1½ cups self-raising flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
¾ cup sugar
3 bananas, mashed
½ cup oil
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Method

1. Grease a ring tin and line base with baking paper.
2. Sift flour and soda into a bowl. Add sugar.
3. Make a well in centre and add bananas, eggs and oil.
4. Stir until mixture is smooth.
5. Pour into cake tin and bake at 150°C for 1 hour.
6. Ice with cream cheese or lemon icing if desired.

Hi! Here is my favourite recipe of banana bread:
Ingredients
1 cup granulated sugar
½ cup butter
2 large eggs
3 ripe bananas mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 Tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
Steps
Step 1
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. You can also line the bottom with parchment paper(optional)

Step 2
In a stand up mixer Cream the sugar and butter until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each one. Mash the bananas with a fork and add together with milk to the creamed butter mixture.

Step 3
Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and stir.

Step 4
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes. Inserted toothpick should come out clean.

Step 5
Cool on a wire rack before taking the bread out of the pan.
Original recipe with pics is here:https://bananabread.club/ Enjoy)
Sign in to follow this topic