Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. Celebrations - Parents (Weddings, Birthdays etc)

Celebrations - Parents (Weddings, Birthdays etc)

***Tracy***NSW***

wedding & Baptism on same day

Has anyone ever invited their guests to a Baptism and found they are also at a Wedding??? What ha...

6 replies

The wedding part was supposed to be the surprise but we ended up putting it on the invite... Will let you know how it all went after...

Wedding Budget

Do you live in Brisbane ???? I could get it so much cheaper for you. Our whole wedding including...

6 replies

hi, Our wedding was small and intimate, an afternoon garden wedding. We paid the council a "hiring" of public place fee of $16 an...

Boy~Boy~Girl~Boy

planning a wedding!

Hi girls, Just thought ill post her letting you all no if u need any help planning for your wedd...

7 replies

HEY BREE THANKS FOR OFFERING YOUR SERVICES... WE ARE THINKING JUNE 09 FOR OUR WEDDING. THE TRICKY THING IS WE CURRENTLY LIVE IN TOW...

Boy~Boy~Girl~Boy

ostrich feathers!!!

hi girls, does anyone know where to get ostrich feathers from to use as a centrepiece in those l...

1 reply

Hi. I know you posted this ages ago. And your probably past the point of actually needing anyones help. But have you tried ebay?

Dans:-)

Eloping to Broome Help!!!

Hi, Not sure if i am posting in the right section, but i need some help! We are planning on elo...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
Renee***

Has anyone here eloped???

DP and I decided last night that we are going to elope!! I need help deciding on a location and a...

18 replies

My friend and Her hubby eloped and they sent everyone a card in the mail on the friday got married on the beach in byron bay on the ...

~Tarryn+K&T~

Small cheap weeding

Well Df and i have been togther 7 years so we are not planning a big wedding just something at a ...

7 replies

You could check with councils in your local area to see if they allow wedding ceremonies on their parks and gardens. Some would be f...

Boy~Boy~Girl~Boy

my wedding church and reception place is getting bulldozed!!!!

hi girls, we found out today the place we booked to get married in feb next year is sold and the...

1 reply

Oh you poor thing! I hope you got your deposit back! Good luck with the hunt for a new place!

Alternative Birth pressies for new mums

I have a good friend who has just become preganat with her first (I'll get her joined up to huggi...

12 replies

there was a thread on the site a far while ago i think, and they have some really good sugestions if only i could remember lol but t...

***Tracy***NSW***

Italian Wedding Traditions

Has anyone heard of the Italian Mother of the Groom buying the Wedding rings???? My Mother in law...

3 replies

I'd just try not to make a big thing out of it. Every time the ring is brought up just say 'No thanks, remember we said we'd already...

Liesh_plus_2

i tied the knot!!!

feb 16th we got married, couldnt have had a more perfect day. and got back from the honeymoon la...

3 replies

thanks!! yea sorting the pics out is going to be a bum but oh well u get that. i cant wait to see them, they said they tke about 3 ...

peasinapod

Money Saving Tips

Hi girls im getitng married in october 2008 and was after some money saving tips!!1 lets all shar...

14 replies

For cars you could save by calling your local car club and pay a quarter of the price of normal car hire...Harts have really nice we...

Whens you Birthday?

so when's your birthday.... ill be 19 on the 26th of November and im having a hat party (everyone...

22 replies

Iona, happy bday for yesterday. i get the same thing from my daughter but funniest thing i have heard yet is when i was planning my...

shatyr

Create you own site

Hi ladies, Here is a site that I have found, you can actually create your wedding website, and i...

LuvMyGirls25

Baby Shower Ideas?

Hey ladies im having a baby shower on Sunday and have a few ideas but was wondering if u could te...

5 replies

A close friend of mine threw my baby shower for me and she came up with some fabulous games to play: * Buy half a dozen or so jars o...

MonkaMoo

Hen's and Bucks Night!!!

Can i please ask who pay's for the hen's and buck's night? Any help or advice will be great!! T...

7 replies

everyone pays their own way but the bride to be is paid for by the friends

Finger food ideas

We are having a bbq tomorrow night and I always have a few nibbles. My friend has just told me sh...

7 replies

You could do a Mexican dip? You can make it Mild, medium or hot, depending on taste. This is what I do: Get a shallow bowl or pan...

Party themes!

For my 21st! any ideas?

17 replies

I did a hollywood theme for my partners 30th. It was great had a walk of fame with gold stars and everything. [Edited on 15/02/2008]

Liesh_plus_2

tomorrow is the day

woohoooo only one more sleep now and we will be getting married, going to do the last things this...

1 reply

Good luck...hope your day turns out beautiful.......

Nikkiwith2

Reception Venues Gold Coast

Just wondering if anyone know of some good reception venues on the Gold Coast? It's not going to ...

mum2*bray*cor*livi

Honeymoon - Where did you go?

Hi Everyone, All these wedding posts just got me wondering about where everyone went for their h...

27 replies

We were married 8 years ago and went to the U.S. We went to LosAngeles, LasVegas,Sanfransisco and Hawaii. We went on day trips to th...

Nicki, Livi and Jacko :D

Easter Wedding?

We have been trying to pick a long weekend for our wedding just because a lot of our guest will b...

3 replies

It is a good idea. I'd just make sure you gave people heaps of notice so that they don't plan anything else.

amanda 1984

Finally getting somewhere

Hey everyone Tonight im finaly meeting our photographer. And tomorrow i am looking at reception...

9 replies

Posted by: osmum We had 'Kissing You' from the Romeo and Juliet movie played by a string quartet. It was beautiful. OMG that would ...

3_little_monkeys

Have you had a Summer Wedding? Nov or Dec?

When I get married I would like a Christmas Wedding, I was thinking around the last weekend in No...

8 replies

We got married 21st Jan Canberra - it was hot. i can still remember sweat running down my thighs lmao it was the hottet day of the y...

Caity

Funny wedding idea

Lol, I went to my cousins wedding the other month and my uncle was the mc. While everyone was ea...

2 replies

Nope, they had no idea!!

Mama2boys

Giving Tree

Is anyone having a 'Giving Tree' instead of a 'Wishing well'? How do the giving trees work?

2 replies

We are having a wishing well that well people have the choice of giving money in a card or they can buy a gift.

Wedding Budget

Hi Planning your wedding! How exciting! I think you may have over budgeted on things like the cel...

38 replies

steph how much is the caves package? we are from rocky but live up in FNQ all our family is down there though we have been debating ...

wedding expo adelaide

hello did anyone go to the expo today? i did got heeps of info, what you think of it? now i hav...

4 replies

if you need any info ive got a lot of it!!! it was all right i guess, same as any expo,

Steel Magnolia

Bridesmaid dress?

Hi just wanting opinions, I am having a pretty low key wedding with only 1 bridesmaid and would ...

6 replies

I'm paying for the girls dresses and they have to pay for their hair,makeup and shoes.

Mama2boys

Wedding invites

Hi Girls. I'm making invitations at the moment and getting ready to post them out. Do you send th...

1 reply

you dont have to, i have just so if htey want they have a keep sake. Parents really do like them (most anyway) they are generaly t...

weddings

Hello everyone just a question? Would you have a more expencive wedding and delay the wedding so...

25 replies

thanks honey my brother took me to look at sights at vin yards yep that right were there in the ground and i liked the places but my...

newmum22

$$ and weddings

Hey my wedding is in 11 months and I am looking for ways to keep the cost down as we trying for #...

14 replies

Sorry to keep going on.... I forgot to mention that we got married at lunch time, had photo's straight-away(in MIL's garden), then h...

weddings

Hello everyone. does anyone know of a place south of adelaide that do nice wedding and that are ...

4 replies

good luck!!! your one busy mum with all the kids!!! i find it hard to have one at times, talk soon.

*Princess Ladybug*

baby showers

Hi all Im wanting to write something in the card about how precious these moments are or a poem ...

2 replies

I cannot help you out with poems but as to how much I spent ,when my SIL had her little boy ( She is like a sister to me we are very...

Orange*Lilly

Need Make-up Tips Fast

Okay i have i formal function to go to tonight. And i at the moment i am looking like cinderella ...

6 replies

Thanks ladies for the great tips and the links. I really appreciate it. Now i hope i can just pull it off and not look like a drag q...

luvmyson

hi i was wondering

if anyone knows of a good beach for a wedding as i got proposed to on chrissie day and i want a b...

2 replies

thanks im in melbourne so looks like im out of luck lol

My 4 beautiful boys

Dose anybody have there b'day and wedding anniversary on the same day?

Hello the 5th Dec is my B'day (28th) and my 2nd wedding anniversary can anybody beat that lol!

5 replies

Here goes:- *Husband's Nephew and his grandad share birthdays, 29th September *Husband's Niece's birthday and my parents anniversar...

Liesh_plus_2

not long now

getting married on the 16th feb, finally getting close, went to mums today and finished all the i...

1 reply

Congratulations Liesh Rhylie's mum Great day .. it's my birthday!

~*~HappyWithThree~*~

*New Weddings Thread*

Yay Yay, Thanx Alison for taking on my suggestion of a Weddings thread ] Hope lot's of mummie...

36 replies

hi girls, Woo its been a while since i was on last As u might tell from my ticker i have had my " BELLA" she is 7 weeks already and...

shatyr

How did your man propose??

Hi ladies, How did your man propose?? My DF propsed to me while he was in Coles shopping for ste...

10 replies

my husband wasnt romantic. i was shopping for a nice ring as a treat for myself after our first son was born as i didn't treat mysel...