Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. Celebrations - Parents (Weddings, Birthdays etc)

Celebrations - Parents (Weddings, Birthdays etc)

Michelle-rootyhill

Casual Wait Staff Required for our daughters dedication

Hi All, Just curious to see if anyone knows how to arrange casual staff for a small event? I wa...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
GLWCHW

Adelaide Hens Day

My big brother and his fiance are getting married next year. Myself and her sister have been aske...

1 reply

Rundle St in town has lots of nice restuarnts, pubs and some clubs - went there for a hens night a few yrs ago ... plenty of options...

Wifeandmummytobe

Im getting married and I am pregnant

Hi I Amy. I am getting married in Oct and having my baby in dec. I was wondering if anyone done...

4 replies

My DF and I are hoping to get a BFP by the end of the month and we have set our wedding date for the 7 October next year. So if we d...

Anirtak

Birthday present ideas

Hi there, any ideas for a birthday present for a pregnant friend? She's 14 weeks preg, turning 34...

3 replies

hi i agree, pedicure is a so must when your pregnant as your toes kinda get forgotten or buy her some creams to assist in the itchin...

x.Bunnie.x

Getting married and still need to find a place for dinner!

Hi all Im getting married at the end of this month (november) and I still havn't manage to find ...

3 replies

Thanks for your replies. Story Bridge Hotel sounds like a nice place. Deff have added it to future places to try out. My partner as...

Celebrant costs to get married

When we got married 5 years ago we paid $350 for our celebrant but they can vary a bit though. Ho...

4 replies

I got married five years ago and i think it cost $350, my brother, same year paid $200, maybe less. That said, my celebrant did ever...

Where to Buy

Does anyone in Adelaide know of anywhere I can buy either a corset or a bra that is good quality ...

GLWCHW

Engagement Party

Evening ladies, DF and I got engaged on the weekend (and to think I was on here last week asking...

2 replies

We didn't want a huge shindig either. We had a sunday arvo bbq at the loca reserve. We got there early to secure a good bbq and sp...

Wedding planner

This is a career I'm considering when the kids get a bit older, and I'm just wondering if anyone ...

BabyOliverMom

How much is too much?

DF and I are looking at wedding venues. We do not want presents and we are not having a wishing ...

14 replies

I would happily $50for a meal, that's what my hubby and I pay when we go out to dinner, we also pay that for a wedding we attend, I ...

GLWCHW

Bridesmaid dresses on a budget

Hey ladies, Hoping to get some ideas of nice but affordable bridesmaid dresses. My SIL is gettin...

10 replies

Hey ladies, Hoping to get some ideas of nice but affordable bridesmaid dresses. My SIL is getting married (well almost SIL) and sh...

weddings

hey did you have a big or small wedding just curious how many people did you invite? we have inv...

15 replies

We had 80 people But a very laid back wedding - ceremony on the beach 800m from our house, BBQ lunch reception in our backyard I...

knockonwood

Colour of bridesmaid & bride shoes?

OK, so I'm a bridesmaid in an upcoming wedding and we're not sure what colour shoes we should wea...

2 replies

my bridesmaidswore an off silver kinda colour there dresses were purple and i wore white and my dress was white

skye84

Bridal horseshoes

My MIL just reminded me that I have to buy a horseshoe for my DD to give her Aunty at her wedding...

2 replies

I got 3 on my wedding day - one from mum and dad, one from a cousin and one from one of my students

Baby Shower for Third Child??

I've recently moved interstate with my Dh, dd & ds. Baby # 3 is due 1st February. I'm thinking ab...

8 replies

my sister is very keen to organise one for me with this baby. it feels ok, because there is a big gap between births and this will b...

Birthday Cake for DD

I would like to make an Iggle Piggle birthday cake for DD who is turning 2 in November (I have n...

1 reply

you could always buy a ready made sponge, or just use a packet mix... Hopefully these will help a little....

*chonnie*

engagement

So my SIL is having her engagement party on the weekend. I have two questions. I'm not sure what ...

5 replies

Thanks for the ideas. Just thought I'd bump it to see if I get anymore...going shopping in about an hour!

Shanjaraled

Earn Money Games

Earn Money Games Crazy Taxi games, fun, fun and a great story and fascinating. There are some ver...

2nd_time_around

Has anyone brought a wedding dress off an online site

Hi We are getting married in feb and we have a reasonably small budget and are moving overseas a ...

9 replies

dress of your dreams they are also australian owned and made

Zeejohn

Easy Top 10 Wedding Decoration Budget Tips

When it comes to choosing the wedding decorations, you must decide on the issue. Once done, you c...

maid of honour...

So....one of my best friends is getting married and shes asked me to be her maid of honour....plu...

7 replies

My friend organised her 'girls day' at the Hyatt - High Tea. She wanted something low key, cheap and relaxing. yeah...I actually ...

wedding ceremony

hey i'm getting married soon and i'm totally lost about what happens at a ceremony i've never be...

4 replies

As pp's have said its entirely up to you We had Lonestar-Amazed (a song DH & i love) as the entrance song. Started playing it as...

wedding dress

hey what did you do with your wedding dress after you got married? just curious i think i'll just...

8 replies

I had mine dry cleaned and have it stored in a box at home. I was 6 1/2 mths preg with twins when we got married so we plan on renew...

Did your bridesmaids pay for their dresses?

Just wondering as i have been asked to be a friends bridesmaid and we will be paying for our own ...

46 replies

DF and I are getting married in November. We spoke with our bridal party two years ago when we asked them to be part of the wedding,...

wedding dresses

hey i was wondering how you paid for your wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses if you dont mind ...

13 replies

My wedding dress was $2100, a bit above our budget but it just felt so right!!! I kne the lady aswell so she broughtit back to $1899...

Wedding Budget and Castaways reviews

Hi all, just wondering how much everyone spent on their weddings? I'm not sure what is appropriat...

3 replies

we've spent about $1000 DF's family is paying the rest not sure how much though about 1-2 thousand so its a cheap wedding but will s...

1down1tocome

wedding question

hi all, me and DF are looking at getting married next year in spring, our now 7 week old DD wil...

3 replies

My DD was breastfed and she was 8 months old when we got Married. The feeding did annoy me a little as i had a strapless dress and ...

GLWCHW

Wedding- Eloping

Hey ladies, Ok so DP has tonight said that we can elope! Mainly due to the fact that we both hav...

5 replies

Last year my husband and I and our then 13 month old, went to Bali with close friends and their then 6 month old. On the plane on th...

BellyDancingDanni

Adult party games

This Saturday my Playcentre is getting together for a social night. I am looking for games to pl...

HELP

Hi all =) DF and I are planning on getting married in Nov '12 and I am already overwhelmed!! I'v...

11 replies

Hi all =) DF and I are planning on getting married in Nov '12 and I am already overwhelmed!! I've got as far as picking my maid of...

theperfecttwo

Partner does not want to get married

Hi there, my partner and I have been together for 5yrs. We have two children (boys-2yrs and 8mont...

6 replies

Im in the opposite boat my partner wants to do the whole wedding thing and i would rather just pay the $400 and change my last name....

..Chloe..

partners birthday

My Dps birthday is at the end of the month, and was thinking about getting a photo book done for ...

5 replies

I use Artscow for all my photobooks. Cheap, great quality, never had a problem with any of their products. If you did it quickly and...

Ree_No1

Pregnancy and New Born Photography Recommendations

Hi everyone, I really want to get some great photos done during pregnancy and also of newborn a...

Mumy-bear

Marriage or Children?

What would you say, that Marriage or children are the biggest commitment? I heard this on the rad...

4 replies

I reckon that children are the biggest commitment. Today alot of people seem to rush into marriage because, for girls, they want th...

1Princess+1Prince

30th birthday party

I am turning 30 in a few months and am thinking about what I want to do. Now here are a few ideas...

5 replies

we had a party for my friends 3oth and made the guests write out things for his '30 things to do before you are thirty list'he had t...

Destination Wedding.

My finace and I are about to have our 2nd child and want to get married. We had big plans for a s...

1 reply

Rude and offensive....NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! It is your day and yours to do with what YOU want. A wedding is not about anyone else except ...

tan222

Please help. Birthday party food

Hi everyone, I am turning the big 40 this saturday and my DH thought it would be a great idea to...

9 replies

You can order platters from places like subway, KFC, Red Rooster, WOolworths, coles even pizza places do catering that kind of thin...

SonnyDays

Bridesmaid etiquette

Ok so I am the chief bridesmaid for a good friend of mine in October and she has told me that she...

13 replies

Hi, I'm a bridesmaid for my BIL and his soon-to-be wife this month. I had to pay $300 for the dress and then $35 for alterations ...

1down1tocome

best friends engagement soon

so my best friend is getting engaged end of the month her and her fiance already live together, s...

2 replies

thats a great idea, but with this friend they are VERY tight on cash, hence having their engagement as a bbq at a park and byo...and...

1down1tocome

engagement present for DF

HELP!!! engagement is in may, i need to start preparing a nice little gift for my DF, but have n...