Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. Celebrations - Parents (Weddings, Birthdays etc)

Celebrations - Parents (Weddings, Birthdays etc)

*OurDarling*

How did you afford to get married?

DF and I would like to get married but I have no idea how we will ever afford a wedding. I'm...

12 replies

We are getting married in November (booked and deposits put down before we knew about bub). We have found by letting people help it ...

vkw

I was busy yesterday so didn't get to say this:

It was our wedding anniversary yesterday 31st January.We have clocked up 26 years of wedd...

5 replies

That's fantastic - happy anniversary

1down1tocome

Hens party ideas?! HELP

Hello all, so i have been given the job of organising my good friends hens night and im stumped! ...

8 replies

For my hens night we had a "chocaholics anonymous" party - it was yummo!! Plus you get to keep the leftovers from the one...

Jade&CailsMummy

Beach wedding- Afternoon tea food ideas????

Hi all, My DF and i are getting married at the beach, its in an area where its on grass but its r...

3 replies

I'm with tickled*pink, bite size food. You could do it sort of high tea style, that would be gorgeous. Makes the finger food a bit...

Wedding Q

My girls paid for their own dresses and shoes (but we chose ones that weren't too expensive, and ...

23 replies

I had my 2 sisters and a friend but my parents paid."Tradtiionally" the bridesmaid asre supposed to pay for all t...

Jade&CailsMummy

Bridezilla??? More like Bridesmaidzilla lol.....

OMG!! My sister is my maid of honour/ only bridesmaid( we are having a very small wedding) She is...

4 replies

Great to hear all is sorted out, hope you have a fantastic wedding wink[/quote] Thankyou. sooo excited we are getting married on th...

Jade&CailsMummy

Wedding song for walking down the aisle....

What do u all think of this as a song to walk down the aisle to, i am absolutely in LOVE with thi...

7 replies

I can't listen to the song because DH is asleep and I don't want to wake him but I'm sure that I'd like it as I'm a Twilight fan I...

Jade&CailsMummy

Wedding song for walking down the aisle....

What do u all think of this as a song to walk down the aisle to, i am absolutely in LOVE with thi...

4 replies

MO3C that sounds gorgeous! My friend had a string quartet for down the aisle and back and for a bit before a pianist. Live music rea...

Etiquette Annoyances

I would feel weird about it too and not sure if I was actually invited. Do they send you guys Ch...

4 replies

Thank you very much =) I'm very excited! And it will be exactly how you want it when you want it x

Jade&CailsMummy

Budget Outdoor wedding

HI everyone. My DP and i are having a quikkie wedding on the 30th of march. Hes leaving for army ...

6 replies

Botanical gardens is a good idea thanks

catchoo

When, where, how?? 'Planning' a wedding!

Hi Ladies I am 30 years old with DD 22 months. My partner and I have been together for almost 4 ...

3 replies

We aren't getting married until November next year and our bub is due in June. We were planning on having our ceremony and receptio...

Dianne_Roberts9

Wedding photographer in Chch

Hi there. I need to find a cheap but fantastic photographer for my wedding next year. Since we a...

1 reply

Hi a friend is a great photographer she currently runs a studio but also does weddings etc its Krystle Moore Photography phone 027 4...

Boys will be Boys.....

Is it OK to ask.......

Hi, Just wondering if you think that its ok to ask wedding guests to pay for their meal in lieu o...

25 replies

When I buy a wedding present I usually go by the rule to spend at least the amount the dinner for me and DH would be. So I think pay...

MummaT

Weddings

So Ladies I'm curious to know those of you who have been married how much did it cost? My partner...

12 replies

Ours cost about $4000 Hubby wouldnt have minded a bbq in the back yard but i wanted a little more detail, lol With sick family an...

Flee n' 3

Maternity Wedding Dress

Hi, I am hopefully marrying my DF in about 8 weeks time if all goes to plan and I will be 8 month...

6 replies

I was 5 months pregnant when my hubby proposed and and we got married 3months later, which was a bit of a rush to find something tha...

Athaye

Engagement Present...

One of my close friends has an engagement party coming up, and I have absolutely no idea what to ...

3 replies

Digital photo frame recognition is a good choice, it will bring you surprise.Good luck! http://www.digitalframe8.com/blog/9-7-and-21...

Really not excited about wedding planning. Is that bad lol

Go with what you want & ur hubby to be want if it's not what ur family's want it's to bad for th...

3 replies

We have been invited to a cocktail reception. The bride and groom are eloping and coming back to Oz for a cocktail reception a week...

Father's Day ANY IDEAS???

when is it?

5 replies

chalys 'n' J wrote: For dh I'm going to get him a massage. He's always asking me to massage him which I rarely do, and he works lon...

Terror Tots

Destination Weddings and Kids

I have a friend who is getting married in a few months. Originally my friend wanted to get mar...

2 replies

were having a 'destination wedding' not for us lol our house is around the corner but 90% of our guests need to travel at least over...

chelsnich

NEED HELP ON A COSTUME! Please :)

Hi ladies!! Thought I would pop in as i am needing some advice and good ideas! I am going to a ...

3 replies

Hahahahahaha That picture is GOLD! Thanks so much ladies. I love the belt idea. Have all the knicks and knacks to go in it. I thin...

Emf24

1st birthday HELP

My baby turns one in a month and the families are expecting us to have a big birthday for her BUT...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
theperfecttwo

Getting married - And my father is not happy about it :S

Hi there. I am 23 and finally marrying my partner of 6years. We have two llittle boys Though ! M...

3 replies

I think I would try talking to him about it. You don't want it to be a distraction for you on your big day. Then atleast you also kn...

Mother to an angel

Bridesmaid at wedding with a 3 month old

Hi, I'm a new mum to a 7 week old. I'm not sure if I'm freaking out over nothing but I'm just rea...

4 replies

Thank you all so much for the feedback, it's given me loads of confidence especially because I'm hearing it from 1st hand experience...

Pixel

CIVIL UNION - AND VERY STUCK

im at a total loss as to what to do as my partner and i are wanting to commit to civil union on s...

3 replies

update - my partner just wants to go to the registry office then go for a few drinks something tells me his mind wont be easily cha...

Rhula

1st birthday party

Hi everyone, need some help. Having my son's 1st birthday party at a park in a couple weeks and w...

1 reply

Mini muffins Cupcakes Pikelets Friut salad Vege sticks and hummus Bread sticks If you can transport safety - Mini pita bread p...

Phnnx

1st Birthday Ideas

My boys 1st birthday is in May and I am wondering if I should do something big??

1 reply

Hello Phnnx. Usually the first birthday is a big party, but you can also have a small gathering with your close friends and family a...

*OurDarling*

Las Vegas 21st

hello I've been invited to a las vegas themed 21st in a couple of weeks that requires me to dres...

1 reply

A showgirl, Elvis, someone out of The Hangover, a bride/groom, card dealer, gold digger.....that's all i can think of!! Good luck

Fionaharker81

Buzzy Bee 1st Birthday

Hi There Just wondering if anyone has done a new zealand buzzy bee themed birthday party for a 1...

1 reply

Found this thread for you, might help? http://www2.everybody.co.nz/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=432782&page=1

SLC:)

Where to sell wedding dress?

As the title says, where did all you girls that have successfully sold your wedding dresses have ...

4 replies

there are websites you can sell them I think 1 is called still white and the other is called i do gowns. Yeah I looked at those a...

chelsnich

Hens night goodie bag!

For my Hens party night i have decided I'm going to have a pamper night with my girls. Start at...

6 replies

Im a maid of honour for a good friend...Im doing the exact same thing....even the goody bags.... so far i have thought of...nice soa...

2^sPuNky^MoNkeYs

Does this sound a like cheeky..

Okay so we have been invited too a very good friends engagement party if a few weeks time. The in...

18 replies

Wow, rude much? I'd probably go to the party considering she's a good friend but I wouldn't give any money as a present. I could ne...

chelsnich

Back Yard Wedding

Hi All, DF and I are getting Married in May. Have decided we are having a very personal wedding...

9 replies

We originally were getting married in Oct, but decided last week we were getting married May. Just get it over and done with. DF's ...

Wright88lisa

Select unique gifts for your dad!

A gift from his child will make a father feel over the moon! Wouldn’t you also like to put a smil...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
ButaflyMummy

Summer weddings

My Dh and I got married on the 19th Nov last year in WA and with all the hype of christmas and ne...

6 replies

We were married in August in a small wedding at a winery a few hours away with close family and friends. We had a very realxed day t...

1down1tocome

how much to give in

Ok so my friend is getting married in 2 weeks time and is doing the whole wishing well thing... ...

13 replies

Oh gosh now that brought up another question! Do i just put money in an envelope and drop it in the well with the wish OR write a ca...

chelsnich

Can you get married on...?

A long weekend? Do you think it would be rude to? DF and I have picked to get married on Sunday ...

6 replies

We got married on the June long weekend (WA) last year and we didn't have any issues. We had no issues with suppliers (or inflated ...

Kudgie

Midgies and Mozzies on the attack!!!

My poor little darling daughter is absolutely being atacked by midgies and mozzies at night. We h...

1 reply

My DD is the same I put Medi-quattro (from chemists) on her bites and add Pintarsol to her bath to take the itch away. As long as ...

ally_cat

invite deilima

so we have started planning our wedding and DF has a friend that he used to great friends with. b...

2 replies

thanks ladies. i could live with his partner coming but i know she would be judging everything we did and comparing it to their wedd...

onewingedangel

Quick wedding question

It's been a while since I've been to a wedding, and I've never been to one that had a wishing wel...

17 replies

Hi, We were married 2 months ago, and since we have been together for 15 years and have 4 kids together, we had a wishing well. I d...

Enagement party- BYO grog, meat and gift!!!!

I really dont mean to have a whine but i have just recieved an invite to an engagment party for a...

3 replies

Thanks for the replys. I totally agree with BYO and asking no gifts, or even not mentioning gifts at all on the invites (I would jus...