Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Wedding Cakes Rss

Hi ladies,

Just wondering if someone in Perth can recommend a cake shop? One that is affordable but can still make it look nice! My DF has gone completely over the top with inviting waaaaaay too many people and didnt consider the other cost ie.... Suit Hire x5, Photographer, celebrant, CAKE as well as Wishing well and DJ and everything else..... Does anyone also have ideas for bomboniere as well?? Thank you in advance.
[Edited on 21/04/2008]

mama to 3 beautiful angels...

Sorry I can not suggest a cake place, as I live in Tassie, but could you look up cake decorating in the yellow pages and ask them to recomend someone? I know that there is a really good cake decorating shop at Morley.

As for bonbonbiere (sp?)My sil and brother had little gold boxes containing a thank you note and seeds to plant. They chose seeds that would be in flower for their wedding anniversary.

A friend used pots of herbs as place settings and bonbonbiere.

We had chocolates in little cardboard covers that had been inscribed with the guests names as place settings.

My friend has bought glasses from the reception venue and is doing them up for the guests.
I hope this helps you somewhat.

2010 is going to be AWESOME!!!

Sorry can't help with a Perth Cake shop as I am in sydney... but for a bonbonaire we had a beautiful Choc Heart Bouquet..

Owen 26.2.04 and Hannah 17.9.07

look on ebay for bonbonaire they have a few different ideas on there
Not sure if I'm too late to answer but we got married in Perth. We went to the Cheesecake shop in Spearwood and spoke to the chef there. I just wanted a fairly plain mud cake with huge chocolate shards on the side. It was 2 tiered and we covered each layer with red rose petals. Sounds a bit plain but it looked really stunning, and he made a special mud cake, not just their usual type. It was the most delicious cake I've ever had and everyone commented on it.

Actually my friend used them too and he was happy to make a fruit cake for them.

Sign in to follow this topic