Huggies Forum

Anyone been to Fiji with kids? Lock Rss

Fiji is fantastic for the kids. Make sure tho you go to a resort with a kids club and if you need car seats for the airport transfers make sure you book and confirm it before you leave for Fiji. They don't use car seats over there for their kids so we have to ask for them for ours.

Don't go to the Warwick, it was very run down and service was ***. The Shangri La though on the other hand is awesome. Also try the Naviti. They are both fantastic for the kids.
Fiji is meant to be the best travel destinations for families. I took my family there last year for a week and had the worst time ever. We stayed at the Warwick and it was horrible. If i would recommend anything i would look at staying at an island in Fiji but the only thing is i dont think you can easily get to the "shopping" area, and especially if you have a little one you may run out of milk or something.. Also pick your time of year, we went in November and the weather was horrible and its denge fever season from Novemeber through till April i think. Our stupid travel agent never said anything about it so once i found out it was took late to change the time of year we were going. I heard Vanuatu is quite family friendly too.
Hi, I'm a flight attendant and our Fiji flights are year-round chocca with kids, family groups and pregnant women so must be a great place for families.
Hi, We went to Fiji a couple of years ago when our daughter was just under two. We went for a week and stayed at the Outrigger on the Coral Coast. It was very nice they were very friendly. They had one wing closed as they were renovating but had no effect on our stay. They have a kids club but they will only take them from three or you have to send a baby sitter with them. Baby sitters are very cheap. We didn't bother they can still use the kids club if you stay with them. To eat at the resort you can usually get kids eat free deals. The restrauants are quite expensive. If you walk down to the beach and walk about 50m you will come to 2 local restauants with local food and very cheap. Great food and they were great with our daughter. They even do takeaway. You can catch the local bus into Sigatoka cost about $1 each way great to walk around the local markets and see all the strange things. At the resort they also have an animal park our daughter loved. The coral coast is about 1 1/2 hours away from the airport. We went back to Nadi the night before we flew out as our flight was at about 9am and to be at the airport two hours before they were going to pick us up too early so by staying at Nadi we were only five min away from airport. It's a great relaxing holiday very layed back and the locals are very friendly. Just expect to have lots of time to swim and relax.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Enjoy your trip. We travel alot with our kids and it's the best.

i have just booked a 8 nt holiday to fiji in march 2012 for us and a 3 yr old and a 1 year old. i booked outrigger, very hard to decide...would also love more feedback...

i have just booked a 8 nt holiday to fiji in march 2012 for us and a 3 yr old and a 1 year old. i booked outrigger, very hard to decide...would also love more feedback...

You should have a great relaxing time. It's a great resort. We went in Feb and the weather was good. But from memory it is cyclone season.

Amy00 wrote:
Fiji is meant to be the best travel destinations for families. I took my family there last year for a week and had the worst time ever. We stayed at the Warwick and it was horrible. If i would recommend anything i would look at staying at an island in Fiji but the only thing is i dont think you can easily get to the "shopping" area, and especially if you have a little one you may run out of milk or something.. Also pick your time of year, we went in November and the weather was horrible and its denge fever season from Novemeber through till April i think. Our stupid travel agent never said anything about it so once i found out it was took late to change the time of year we were going. I heard Vanuatu is quite family friendly too.
Thank you for your email. I was going to book warwick but father reading your email I went with the raddison... Btw what is the fever ???
I went earlier this yr without our kids (it was an Xmas present) my DS was only 5mo the so thought he was a bit young. I know some ppl won't agree with that but anyway. Once try get a little older I will defiantly go bak with them. They hav so much for kids and they r all so lovely with them. There were loads of kids at our resort and most of them have kids club with activities to do all day which they can go in and out of (so they don't have to speaks the whole day at kids club.
Sign in to follow this topic