Huggies Forum

Wedding rings Rss

Do any of your DHs not wear their wedding ring? Why?

Reason being i was out with family tonight & noticed 4 couples the husbands didn't have a band on.
For me I think it should definitely be worn. It's symbolic & I think I would be upset if DP weren't showing it off to the world (like i know i would be lol)

When dh worked on machinery he would take it off at work- I didn't like it but he explained he could have lost a finger or worse if it got caught on something so then I got over it grin now he's in the office it's on all the time, he's even got a nice tan line now lol

I know alot of guys that don't wear theirs but most of them have a reason and like TallulahBelle's DH (did) that have to regularly take it for work/safety reasons and just get sick of having to put it back on and also risk losing it.

I remember a girls father whom we went away with regularly on sporting trips who always wore his when at home but took it off when ever we went away for competitions etc. He actually used to wear fake tan all the time so it was easy for him to cover up the tanline on his finger. His poor wife always stayed at home as she seemed to be constantly popping out babies so it was a bit hard for her to go away for days even weeks at a time.

Yep finally over 15 years later, they are divorced!

My DH wears his wedding ring when on holidays or everyweekend. He can't wear it to work because he really does risk losing a finger if it was worn and obviously I don't want that to happen if he loses that finger he can never wear a ring again lol.

When we were first married he used to put it on as soon as he got home from work and then took it off each morning, but he got sick of that now it just goes on when he finishes work friday and he takes it off at bedtime sunday

Forever, for always and no matter what

My hubby doesnt wear his everyday as he is dealing with machinery so its for saftey reasons. He remembers to wear it if we go out though without me reminding him.

Mum Of 3 Cuties wrote:
Even weirder!!

My sister is her DH's 3rd wife and he still wears his rings from his previous marriages on different fingers. I rather he wear none than all of them.

Whaaaat?! gasp laugh

boofarama wrote:
I know alot of guys that don't wear theirs but most of them have a reason and like TallulahBelle's DH (did) that have to regularly take it for work/safety reasons and just get sick of having to put it back on and also risk losing it.

I remember a girls father whom we went away with regularly on sporting trips who always wore his when at home but took it off when ever we went away for competitions etc. He actually used to wear fake tan all the time so it was easy for him to cover up the tanline on his finger. His poor wife always stayed at home as she seemed to be constantly popping out babies so it was a bit hard for her to go away for days even weeks at a time.

Yep finally over 15 years later, they are divorced!

Glad they're divorced, poor woman!! What an ass sad

My hubby doesn't wear his band dangerous at work. I also don't wear my band and have people ask all the time when am I getting married smile (I've been married for 6 yrs) it's our choice we know we are married. Neither of us have a problem with it.
I'm not married but I know my parents who are still married both have their rings... Even though 'separated' now. They'll never divorce!
But mum stopped wearing hers years ago cos her fingers swell n she has bad rheumatoid arthritis in her hands so they don't fit anymore n wouldn't be able to be removed if she put them on sad
Dad never wore his cos he's a truckie n mechanic working on machinery, trucks n in the bush n it's waaaay too dangerous n too risky for him to wear a ring when working which is always! Plus he'd have lost it years ago even of he kept his finger!! Lol. It never bothered mum in the slightest smile

mine used to wear it but doesn't any more, bit dangerous when working with metal/machinery.He knows of a few men whose fingers were almost ripped off by getting them in caught machinery.It used to bother me but doesn't any more.I trust him 100%

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

My Dh lost his ring when he was helping out with the clean up after the Brisbane floods. He was at the dump.getting rid of some stuff and as he threw something, he said he watched as his ring flew off and was then crushed by one of the big trucks. He wasn't too fazed as he didn't really like it anyway, he just bought the cheapest he could get. Now he's got a really nice one that he loves so he wears it all the time.
My DH wears his more than I wear mine wink

I have one of those sets of three....engagement, wedding and eternity. I've always had to stop wearing them at some stage during my pregnancies and because I've lost a bit of weight since getting married and having kids they are all a bit loose and annoying (and a bit dangerous) when looking after babies. I haven't worn mine for close to two years now, though now that DS3 is getting a bit older I might be able to start wearing them again soon.

Sign in to follow this topic