Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. Christmas Chat
  5. Gift ideas and Whether to buy separate presents.

Gift ideas and Whether to buy separate presents. Rss

Hello everyone, my son will be almost 8 months on Christmas and I would like to get him something special but have no ideas at all (sorry if this question has been asked over and over). Also, do parents buy and give separate gifts for their children or is it always from both mum and dad? Is it weird to get separate gifts? TIA
My daughter will be just shy of 7 months at Christmas. We have bought her one of these:
http://search.thewarehouse.co.nz/m/product/Fish...

We are going to give it to her without the legs until she's a bit bigger. No idea what we'll put in her stocking though.

All of our presents have been given from mum and dad.

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Dd was 8 months last christmas and she really loved a set of sturdy stacking blocks. We also got her a dress, a book and a piece of original art that is Cool for her room now but that would still be appropriate when she's an adult or to give to her own children one day. We also got her a matching sketch as a birth present. And hopefully the value will grow but no expectations there.
We wrapped the presents separately but didn't bother with the sketch.

If you're looking for a bigger present, maybe a trike, like a Smart-trike or one from Eurotrike. Maybe a small rocking horse.

We always gave joint presents.

Lily1-971 wrote:
Hello everyone, my son will be almost 8 months on Christmas and I would like to get him something special but have no ideas at all (sorry if this question has been asked over and over). Also, do parents buy and give separate gifts for their children or is it always from both mum and dad? Is it weird to get separate gifts? TIA

For the dad i think theres some cool ideas here: http://coolhousewarminggifts.com/nintendo-nes-t...
Book and educational toys would be great. try to look at in Amazon to get an idea what gifts you should buy.

smile

Thanks everyone. Some great options to consider smile
customcanvasonline.com.au Used this business for the first time to have family photos and some holiday snaps put on canvas. The ordering process was easy, we were kept informed of the items progress and the results were outstanding. I would recommend them and will certainly be using them again.

canvas prints
canvas prints online
acrylic prints

Shine*on wrote:
Dd was 8 months last christmas and she really loved a set of sturdy stacking blocks. We also got her a dress, a book and a piece of original art that is Cool for her room now but that would still be appropriate when she's an adult or to give to her own children one day. We also got her a matching sketch as a birth present. And hopefully the value will grow but no expectations there.
We wrapped the presents separately but didn't bother with the sketch.

Nice things for that kid.. I want to see his picture
We are going to provide it with to her without the feet until she's a bit larger. No concept what we'll put in her storing though.

Accelerators | Supre Tan
Some great options to consider smile
Even if my ex-husband and I live apart from each other since the birth of our son, we always manage it to buy the gifts together to avoid unnecessary competition. We usually spend christmas eve together too. This year we are going to celebrate christmas in one of the luxury hotels in the alps. Hopefully we will have enough snow there to go skiing after the christmas day. https://www.winklerhotels.com/en/
Sign in to follow this topic