Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Toddler booster seat Rss

I have a 20 month old DD who is very tall for her age, she is in a convertable carseat at the moment and still has room left in the straps and she's fairly thin but her head is at the top of the seat already. I'm thinking of buying her a booster seat with inbuilt straps as she'll need to be in some kind of booster for years to come anyway. I guess my question is, do you think 20 months is too little for a booster? When did your kids move from a carseat to a booster?
Hi,
We had to move our 3yr old into a booster seat when she was about 2 and a half. We looked forever and a day for one with a built in harness (which is law, they have to have one until they are 4, i think) that would be tall enough as she is heaps tall. We settled on the Babylove Ezy Combo. Its well padded, has a cupholder, 5pt safety harness, and was one of the tallest on the market.
We were going to go with the maxi rider AHR, it was the same height (from memory) but the special head rest part didnt move up high enough.With both chairs we'd have to buy another booster in a few yrs, so we went with the cheaper one.
The babylove seat is for children 8kgs to 20+kgs (not sure on the weights) as are alot of other convertible booster seats. The harness will tuck away when we dont need it anymore. Hope that helps a bit!
DS went into a booster seat at about 20 months. I have the safe n sound AHR maxi rider. Be careful to check the weight limits on the seat you put her into. The maxi rider suits 8 - 26 kg so it was fine for DS and he will still be in it up untill 7 as per the new laws. Some boosters seats however have weight limits of 14 - 26 kg. So they would depend on whether your dd fits into that weight range. DS loved having a new seat DD is now in his old seat hence the reason he had to have a new one.
Good luck

img src="http://lbff.lilypie.com/jr5Hp8.png" width

I have a 20 month old DD who is very tall for her age, she is in a convertable carseat at the moment and still has room left in the straps and she's fairly thin but her head is at the top of the seat already. I'm thinking of buying her a booster seat with inbuilt straps as she'll need to be in some kind of booster for years to come anyway. I guess my question is, do you think 20 months is too little for a booster? When did your kids move from a carseat to a booster?

Hi

The next step is a "forward facing restraint"... have a look here for your options

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadsafety/downloads/children/crep.pdf

Our 21 month old is in a maxi rider AHR (she's 87cm tall and 12.5kg). Her sister was using it till recently and she's 4 1/2 and 110cm, 20kg - so had reached the weight limit for the inbuilt harness. We got her a new seat, which is a booster and gave our 21 month old the maxi rider. It is one of several seats that are the highest safety rating for ages 1-4.
The convertable boosters can take kids from 8kgs and its law to remain in a harness now till they are 4yrs and there is heaps on the market. I have had friends put kids straight in there from 6mths!!

we have an infasecure one (which is made by britax same as safe n sound) and you can get it from baby stores, toys'r'us and big W for around $200 and have been happy with it.

my 5yr old niece (who is extra tall) fits in our seat

Con's is that we can't put it in a mazda 6 (both myself, grandma and kidsafe have tried) but fits my xr6 and a comadoor easy.
Both our seat and the maxi ryder are very wide around the head taking up lots of space too - but i think they all might?
Sign in to follow this topic