Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

mil does it again ! Rss

This time it wasen't something annoying it was something that I found discusting!

I got her to babysit my son for about an hour in the morning as I had an appointment, when I arrived she was still in her PJ's...anyway an hour later when I came to pick him up she was still in PJ's which is fine but It was quite obvious that she was not wearing a bra! and she has a large bossom!
If I had noticed this earlier I would not have left him there!
I felt really discusted that she couldn't put on her underwear. To some people it may not be a big deal but It just looked really gross and I don't think it is appropriate to let it all hang out in front of others especially kids!

What are your thoughts?

Vic, 3 y.o boy

I'm not too fussed about it, as long as there aren't bits and pieces hanging out (pink bits, hairy bits or saggy ball sacks in mens cases - lol). But, these people have to be prepared for my DD's honesty. She is quick to point out boobies, say when we are in the shops and some woman is busting out of her top. I don't hesistate to tell the truth and say some-thing like 'yes darling, that lady has big boobies doesn't she' - lol.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

I'd only hesitate if she was walking around in nothing but a g-string. Just as long as she wasn't exposing herself I don't really see what the problem is...

nee Lilysmama - Proud Mama of 2 Girls

I know we all have a whinge about our MIL's but I find that really sad that after she was doing you a favour you would say something so shallow. I'm guessing you wear a bra all the time then even under you jammies so you child isn't disgusted by you????

my son showers with both my parents if he happens to want to get in there with them (and I would be fine with him doing that with my inlaws as well)

I hope your MIL doesn't ever read that post cos I doubt she'd wnat to babysit for you again

[Edited on 28/04/2007]

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Well to be completely honest I would look at it as gee she has given my child her complete attention while I was gone. I would have been more concerned if I returned and she was done up like the Queen of England. That to me would have meant my child was put down and not looked after. I would have thought OMG its only an hour surely you could have gone out of your way and delayed your beautification for only an hour for your grand child.

However instead of that your MIL was so lost in caring for your child she completely left all vain thoughts of herself slide. Isnt that the sort of carer you want for your child?

Children only learn certain thoughts and behaviours from us. If we dont make a big deal about our bodies then they also wont grow up with any hang ups. My nearly 5 year old still showers with me and yes he may say certain things like mum you have a big bottom or your tummy is wobbly..lol... but of course my bottom would look bigger then the bottoms of "his" frieds...lol. He has never said to me "oh mum please put a bra on" in fact he runs around the house wearing them..lol. I am positive your child will grow up with lovely memories of your MIL and how much love they felt from her... not the fact when they were little she would mind them without a bra on.

Personally, I dont have a MIL as she died of breast cancer 2 years ago and there isnt much I wouldnt give to have her back, floppy bits and all. Trust me, we had a love hate relationship.But when they are gone, they are gone and there is no getting them back... not even for an hour. Maybe you can think of that the next time you are so lucky to have someone to help you look after your child and no doubt for free.

I think sometimes we loose sight of the big picture and sweat the small stuff. At the end of the day what really matters?

Just my thoughts...
[Edited on 29/04/2007]
Sorry I think you are over reacting. She is a family member inside her house and as long as she wasn't dressed in an inappropriate fashion...(love the g-string comment), I don't see what the problem is. Your son is too young to be offended by what you see as offensive. I am sure there should be other things in the world to be more concerned about rather than Grandma was not wearing a bra under her pajamas for the hour she looked after your son!!

Danielle

I, too, think this is a major over-reaction. I can understand your discomfort, perhaps, at her state of 'undress', but to call it disgusting says more about you than her. As far as being bra-less being a make or break factor in whether you leave your son there...I bet many people would be very envious just to have a MIL to assist in caring for their kids. At 3 your son will certainly not care whether she should be wearing a bra or not. Maybe focus on how blessed you are to be in a position where your MIL wants to watch your son.

Domestic Goddess Mum of Four!

I don't think it's a big deal. I don't think a child will be offended seeing braless boobs.

Who wears a bra under their PJ's anyway? Bras are uncomfortable , period.

DD 18 months

It's probably something you found offensive more than your son would.

Obviously your MIL gives you the shits, and as we ALL know, this makes things like saggy boobs seem like a bigger deal.

Just try to remember that when you vent like this, there are about 10 women who can't wait to jump on the keyboard and have a go at you.

Actually, maybe just 2.

This time it wasen't something annoying it was something that I found discusting!

I got her to babysit my son for about an hour in the morning as I had an appointment, when I arrived she was still in her PJ's...anyway an hour later when I came to pick him up she was still in PJ's which is fine but It was quite obvious that she was not wearing a bra! and she has a large bossom!
If I had noticed this earlier I would not have left him there!
I felt really discusted that she couldn't put on her underwear. To some people it may not be a big deal but It just looked really gross and I don't think it is appropriate to let it all hang out in front of others especially kids!

What are your thoughts?

FFS!!!!!!!!!!
[Edited on 02/05/2007]

@};- Shell, NSW, Guy (10.11.05)-;{@

I understand you lol everything my MIL does pisses me off she looks after my daughter [7 months] when i go to work for 2 hours a day I bring her baby food [stuff that i have made myself] because i dont want her eating crap like her other grandaughter [she lives on chicken treat and 2 minute noodles] anyway when i came back she said she had been feeding her cake. I would like to think she respects my decision that i dont want her to eat unhealthy stuff when she has other stuff there. 3 of her own children are morbidly obese and wouldnt you think she learnt from that? anyway I also see her with no bra and it makes me want to vomit [i know im a bitch]

Sign in to follow this topic